Some mod questions - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beachbum430
Some mod questions

I'm getting ready to do a few more mods to the bike. Two definite, and questions on the third. First is some 3 inch fork extensions, and second is the T mod. In talking to Steve at STG, he also suggested the low and mean spring change. Since I don't have the tools, space and the expertise to pull these off myself, I'm going to have Steve do them for me. The spring was not in the picture until Steve mentioned it. I see they offer 2 springs. A standard and an XL. What have most of you used? Has anyone done just the t mod and the extensions? I'm 180#, and probably 75% of my riding is solo. My gf when she goes is about #140. Will i notice a difference solo with the XL? I plan on talking more to Steve about it, but would like to hear from others as well. Tia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 09:54 PM

Garage
I recently installed the LM XL spring that a friend hooked me up with.. made a subtle drop in the back further complementing my 3" extenders.. my worry was about bottoming out with a passenger along with scraping my Cobra swepts.. so far haven't had any scraping issues and only bottomed once but it was on a crazy dip in the road...
I suggest you get the XL for the ability to safely handle a passenger.. the install was easy after following the video - I just had to buy (and then return) a shop press from Harbor Freight..

In my opinion I'm not sure I would have bought the spring if my friend hadn't given it to me, I think you can achieve the same or better results with cutting your stock spring and saving the $200.. but to each their own.. good luck.. you'll definitely be happy with those mods

Last edited by Tknj99; 06-16-2017 at 08:42 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 11:13 PM

If the goal is lowering the rear aesthetically , why the lowering spring? I don't think the lowering spring will inhance handling, unless you intent on two up on a regular basis and weight is an issue. The XL would be appropriate.

Ride it like you stole it!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Dave Maher
The T-mod will give you a great new look that you will love. The L&M spring however is not going to give you any big dramatic change in appearance. It will drop the ass end about 1". Good luck.. Ride safe!

Life is good!

June 2010 FOTM
Nov 2015 FOTM
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beachbum430
So I guess what I'm asking is will I be happy with the results of the T mod and the 3 inch extensions or do need to do the lowering spring as well? Money is a bit tight at the moment!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbum430 View Post
So I guess what I'm asking is will I be happy with the results of the T mod and the 3 inch extensions or do need to do the lowering spring as well? Money is a bit tight at the moment!
My opinion.... which really is irrelevant since I went from stock rear spring and a T-Mod to air ride.... is to cut the stock spring and save the money... everyone claims the stock spring when cut down rides as good if not better than the lowering spring and Bill @460brevill will cut it for free if you pay shipping both ways.

As a side note, you would only "need" to lower the rear if you install raked trees to help keep the trail numbers correct.... fork extensions change the trail very little.

(Grandmaster of the Re-Flash Posse)
High Performance ECU Reflash Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode