Some newbie questions, looking for help - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 10Likes
  • 2 Post By xonstruxt
  • 2 Post By AV8R
  • 1 Post By donzi18
  • 2 Post By 460brevill
  • 3 Post By Beachbum430

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Some newbie questions, looking for help

I recently bought a 2010 fury, it's my first bike and so far I'm loving it! I have some questions though because I know almost nothing about motorcycles but I want to learn.

First, my coolant temp light comes on if I'm idling in traffic for a long time, like 10min or more. If I start moving it goes out quickly though. I've checked coolant level and it's good, I just want to know if this is normal or is there something I need to check. The light never comes on when riding or idling for short times.

and second, sometimes if I'm accelerating and then roll off the throttle a little quickly, it sounds like it's backfiring. Is this normal and I just need better throttle control or something else? It does have an aftermarket intake, pipes and a power pro fi2000 if that makes a difference.

Any other tips or resources for this bike please let me know, I'm really enjoying it so far and trying to educate myself as I go.

Thanks!
Rope and WI_Hedgehog like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 03:12 AM

Thumbs up

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your bike.

Regarding the coolant light coming on, there's an electric fan behind the radiator, this should come into action before the light comes on. Check this first. If it does not turn on, check the 20 Amp fuse in the fusebox behind the right hand cover below the seat. If that is okay, the thermoswitch needs checking.

The popping when decelerating is quite normal with your set-up. If it really annoys you and you want to get rid of it, consider removing the PAIR-valves. You can use the search button in the right hand top of the page to find lots of info on this.
Kbuskill and WI_Hedgehog like this.

Blue 2010. #1 Euro Re-flashed ECU. Oil temp & pressure gauges. J & H on stock muffler. 240 Metz on 7.75" rim. Own aircleaner. Integrated tail/brake/indicator light. No pair valve. Sort of T-mod. Restyled seat. Rad rad cover. Down under rear brake.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:14 AM

welcome from the uk, great bike and great forum, enjoy

I remember the last words my dad ever said as he died, fuck me theres a bus

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8R View Post
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your bike.

Regarding the coolant light coming on, there's an electric fan behind the radiator, this should come into action before the light comes on. Check this first. If it does not turn on, check the 20 Amp fuse in the fusebox behind the right hand cover below the seat. If that is okay, the thermoswitch needs checking.

The popping when decelerating is quite normal with your set-up. If it really annoys you and you want to get rid of it, consider removing the PAIR-valves. You can use the search button in the right hand top of the page to find lots of info on this.
Yeah, what he said! Welcome to the forum..........
WI_Hedgehog likes this.

If everything seems to be under control
You're not going fast enough!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:53 AM

Welcome to the best Forum around. Don't let the over heating go too far, It could cost you an engine.
Kbuskill and WI_Hedgehog like this.

Salty Hog was here.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:00 AM

Welcome to the forum and differently check that out it should not overheat that fast I've been in traffic idling for 20 min and never came on. I did the pair valve mod it took care of the popping also check your setting on your controller it may be to lean. I'm at 234 with exhaust and Air kit. Good luck
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:00 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beachbum430
Personally I like the popping. I believe it enhances the overall sound and look of the bike. Loud pipes save lives, let them know your coming!
huskamute1, Hillzz and Leyla like this.

White Widow..reflashed11/4/16. FSD 3D Hotrod 2 into 1 exhaust, cobra swept air intake, bi-xenon hid headlight, custom dynamics led front/rear lights
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 11:47 AM

Welcome from N.E. FL.

Definitely make sure the radiator fan is coming on. In stock form the ECU will turn on the fan at 225 and off at 220.

Ride safe.

(Grandmaster of the Re-Flash Posse)
High Performance ECU Reflash Thread
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the responses, the fan definitely comes on and I guess it's more like 20 minutes maybe and it's been 90 degrees lately but I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not worried about the popping just wanted to make sure it wasn't because I was riding wrong or something with the bike maybe. Loving riding so far thanks for the help and welcomes!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:21 PM

The popping on decel, can be cool, but I've also startled the heck out a driver on occasion..lol...
anyway, the reason for the popping is unspent fuel being ignited inside your exhaust. With the fuel controllers, yes its good to make sure you are 'dialed in' correctly, but also give a check for any leaks at the head of the pipes, or if u have 2into1's' where the back piece is fitted as well. Or even slip ones...What pipes are u running? Also I can't recall which fi's have auto tune, and which don't, so you may not be able to dial in the pots.
Possibly the coolant mixture is not strong anymore either. 2010 -2017.... worth a thought...imho

Welcome from VA USA

Last edited by BlueJ; 06-18-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode