Honda Fury Forums: banner

*NEW* SLK INFERNO Exhaust video

10K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  Slikk83 
#1 · (Edited)
Just showing off the new INFERNO Exhaust . All I got to say is these sound so much better in person & are by far the best sounding pipes SLK-Customs offers. Video does not do these bad boys justice

Here is a picture of them with the stock intake. Im going to make a slight change. Drop the front header & turn the tips about 45*.

See less See more
1 1
#9 ·
A very good rule of thumb is that intake changes can dynamically affect the combustion process because the intake is involved before the combustion has happened. While exhaust will not affect it as much because combustion has already happened before the pipes ever come into play. So with any intake change, you need to address fuel. With exhaust only, it is optional.

Reactions: Kbuskill
#8 · (Edited)
That's crap. It depends on how rich the bike runs. I kept hearing slip-ons shouldn't produce popping on higher-RPM decel, and lemme tell you, I gots it, and gots it good. The tips carbon up only if I don't pull the clutch and instead use engine braking, so I know this particular bike is running rich from the factory (should pull the plugs at some point....). No, it's not air getting in, I've mounted the pipes three times, torqued the hell out of the clamps, etc., it's the bike (2016 in super-slick blue). I did buy the PAIR elimination kit and will put it in...sometime--probably in winter when the ECU can be sent in.

I've heard nothing but good about SLK pipes, and bet they have that chest-pounding *thud*...very tempting...in fact, almost bought a used set off the forum, but so happy with the slip-ons (from @Rope which are right at the limit of "too loud") that I didn't. But I still might--that's how bad I want them.

#12 · (Edited)
That's crap. It depends on how rich the bike runs. I kept hearing slip-ons shouldn't produce popping on higher-RPM decel, and lemme tell you, I gots it, and gots it good. The tips carbon up only if I don't pull the clutch and instead use engine braking, so I know this particular bike is running rich from the factory (should pull the plugs at some point....). No, it's not air getting in, I've mounted the pipes three times, torqued the hell out of the clamps, etc., it's the bike (2016 in super-slick blue). I did buy the PAIR elimination kit and will put it in...sometime--probably in winter when the ECU can be sent in.

I've heard nothing but good about SLK pipes, and bet they have that chest-pounding *thud*...very tempting...in fact, almost bought a used set off the forum, but so happy with the slip-ons (from @Rope which are right at the limit of "too loud") that I didn't. But I still might--that's how bad I want them.

The popping is from air being cycled through the pair valves into the pipes. This is what the pair valve blockoff plates eliminate.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
#10 ·
Our bikes actually have a map sensor and will make adjustments as needed. These will be fine with the stock intake.

#18 ·
Send me a PM with price and estimate build time/shipping to Beaumont, CA please!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#19 ·
The pair valves inject "fresh" air into your pipes through the head thereby creating a controlled exhaust leak... supposedly to promote a more complete burning of hydrocarbons.

Thank you for the correction.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
#23 ·
I made 2 slight changes. I brought the tips up to prevent scraping & also angled the tips out about 45* so the exhaust won't blow on the leg.

Auto part Automotive exhaust Vehicle Engine Car
Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust system Exhaust manifold Chair

Reactions: Soup and 835
#25 ·
Got a price quote from Nate at SLK (they don't come with heat shields but are ceramic coated), and had the pleasure of hearing them on the freeway at 80 MPH.

~~ BALLS ~~

You, and everyone around you, better be wearing ear plugs. These are not tame. Don't even think about that.

They are a full-on assault of raw combustion in beautiful symphony.

They look beautiful, seen them wrapped and unwrapped. Wrapped are incredible in person, pictures don't do justice, especially when they're moving.

Wear a jock.
You've been warned.

#26 ·
Got a price quote from Nate at SLK (they don't come with heat shields but are ceramic coated), and had the pleasure of hearing them on the freeway at 80 MPH.

~~ BALLS ~~

You, and everyone around you, better be wearing ear plugs. These are not tame. Don't even think about that.

They are a full-on assault of raw combustion in beautiful symphony.

They look beautiful, seen them wrapped and unwrapped. Wrapped are incredible in person, pictures don't do justice, especially when they're moving.

Wear a jock.

You've been warned.

Don't swell Nate's head. He may outgrow the forum. Lol

Beautifully written though.

#35 ·
I don't know about the whole exhaust route. @Rope sent me his Cobra slip-ons and without earplugs they're as loud as I can take, some days if I get on it a bit much they're actually "too loud." I'd love the sound of straight pipes, just a bit less than they tend to offer (and no ear plugs!!!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.