Prayer thread cranking it up for the ones in need. - Page 16 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #151 (permalink)

I am in awe of this thread. I have never been part of a forum that allowed the religious to offer this kind of care. Amazing.

Here is my prayer request. (I'll try to include some context - somewhat briefly)

I have spent the last 5 years in full-time ministry, first as a Youth Pastor and now as an Outreach Pastor. There is nothing I am more passionate about than my love for God, and my love for others. And as much as I care for the body of believers, I happen to focus most of my time in reaching unbelievers. After building this division of the church that includes multiple ministries that focus on people outside of the church - a time to focus inwardly began.

During our last trip to Nashville (in Oct 2012), I was offered a non-ministry position for a great company. After connecting with the owner and branch manager of this company, they expressed a desire to bring me on board to help further grow this division (they too, are brothers in the Lord). Having not been looking for another job, I didn't think much of the offer (even though it pays more than twice my current pay).

However, the day after we returned from Nashville, my wife and I had an appointment to hear the results of nearly a year of tests. We had been trying to get pregnant, to no avail. Well on this particular day, we learned that getting pregnant won't ever be an option for us (we'll see about that doc! Maybe he doesn't know how big my God is!). If we even wanted to try some medical procedures to make it happen, it will be in the $5-10k/month range to just try. Not only that, the cost of the wife's insurance will be going up to cover her infertility. That's not even the toughest part - just the news of not being able to conceive is devastating, especially for my wife who has been instilled with a visceral passion to be a mother from a young age.

After many discussions about what would be best for our family, in light of the new job offers, our medical journey, and some other logistical dilemmas - we made the decision to move across the country to take the new job. My prayer requests are plenty:

1. That as I transition out of ministry, I wish for God to remind me that my identity is in Christ, not my vocation. Ministry flows through my veins, and I just hope ministry opportunities abound in Nashville.
2. For my wife, as she is trying to be strong in handling this news. Pray that the Lord with restore her heart with joy and peace.
3. For the move and new job. That everything will go smoothly, and the Lord will provide for us.

Thank you brothers!

My real name is David, but most people call me Tito (been my nickname for most my life). My wife's name is Chloe. Here is a picture of the two of us from our last trip to Nashville:

Last edited by Tito; 12-06-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #152 (permalink)
jw

Good to meet ya and always a good thing to have a relationship with God , he always leads in the right direction just hard sometime to see the path
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #153 (permalink)

Tito-

Good to meet you, putting you in my prayers with others... I wish you luck in your journey. I admire anyone who follows their calling like that. Have faith and it will all work out.

-DJ
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #154 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Richard1

David & Chloe, good luck to both of you in your new adventures. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing your story.

Judge, Jury & Bulldozer
Richard1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #155 (permalink)

Tito, thanks for the beautiful and kind words you expressed per my loss. You and Chole keep the faith as I know you will. All will work out for you both. I'm learning our way is not always God's way, but He is always there to guide us through the good times as well as the not so good. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

B 3/22nd Infantry "Deeds Not Words"
FSB Crook, Tay Ninh, Viet Nam 1969
taffyspop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #156 (permalink)

Thank you all. Encouraged by this community.
Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #157 (permalink)

Its always nice to have a breathe of fresh air bestowed upon our forum! God has plans for you two,it might not make any sense now,but everything happens for a reason!!!!!

Sinister1
sinster1-2010 matte silver,accutronix side mount plate holder,zombie levers,MFR MONGOS,custom mirrors,DLX spike t-band chrome grips,accutronix air cleaner adapter,demons cycle spike chrome air cleaner,L&M lowering spring
sinister1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #158 (permalink)

Keep your heads up and your hearts open.It will work out with gods help.

Salty Hog was here.
460brevill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #159 (permalink)

You make a cute couple. Great pic! You know the blessings abound for you. Keep the faith, if it's His will, it shall be!
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister1 View Post
Its always nice to have a breathe of fresh air bestowed upon our forum! God has plans for you two,it might not make any sense now,but everything happens for a reason!!!!!

Sinister1
It's all good Sinister!
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement