Honda Fury Forums: banner

Fury Mods

14K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  jumper 
#1 ·
I must say, when I bought the fury I was a tad disappointed with the overall performance. Not as bad as I was disappointed with the performance of my twenty thousand dollar softail when I first bought it, but still disappointed nevertheless.

It already had the cobra sweepers, but with the stock cobra baffles in them and stock air filter and no fuel management you can imagine that there wasn't much in the line of get up and go.

After this mornings ride, that problem no longer exist for me.

My recipe is: swapping the stock baffles for thinder monsters, cobra powerflo and cobra Fi2000r @1.2.2.

This thing shags pretty well indeed, now.

Thanks for all the information on this forum, as thats what it took to make me hip!

See less See more
#2 ·
I test drove a 2010 Fury stock & liked the feel and look but sound & attitude it was missing. The 2011 I had the dealer put pipes/controller & mustang seat on before I picked it up and I agree Big difference !

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#5 ·
Treadmarks,

I am picking up my Fury on Wednesday next week and its all pretty stock other than the Honda sissy bar, and the front wing all orange. I was thinking about the pipes as I am not crazy about the standard sound from them. If I put the cobra powerflo and the the fi2000 on it will I get better gas mileage or perhaps less. I know the tank is only rated for 250 KM total as it is. What are you getting on a tank now? I live in Canada. Sorry for the KM conversion.

#6 · (Edited)
Doubt that you'll get a response since this guy hasn't had any activity since Oct. 2014.

I put on cobra pipes, air intake and fi2000r and my mileage didn't change. Instead of the fuel controller, you'll probably want to do the ECU reflash as I've heard your mileage will improve better than stock.....and your bike will run, much, much better. I will be doing this mod soon. I'm sure you will have questions, so ask "Kbuskill", the founder of this reflash mod. He's a good guy and loves to help people.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...t/67354-holy-grail-ecu-reflash-condensed.html

#9 ·
Are you telling me that there is no need for the Cobra computer and instead reflash the ECU? So is the ECU mod just reprogramming the current chip in the bike? What do I need to do to do that? Please advise.

Thank you by the way. New to this and the forums here.

#11 ·
Check out > http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...t/67354-holy-grail-ecu-reflash-condensed.html

After getting the reflash it's plug and play. Instant better throttle response, a lot more torque at any RPM. Higher top speed and if you can control your right hand you'll be rewarded with a 10% better fuel economy. I'm nota fast rider, allthough my chicken strips are only 5 mm on the 240 wide tyre, I really enjoy the smoother engine and lowered idle speed for a cool sound. Just standing still :co-ol:
Remember the original thread is about 5 year old technology. The reflash is happening now.

#12 · (Edited)
A LOT of people have done it and as far as I know, not only are there no complaints, but everyone seems to LOVE IT. Also, as far as I know, I don't think there is anyway to screw it up, but if so, from what I read, the guy is a straight up guy and he'll take care of you.

I worry about stuff like that too which is why I waited for several other guys to guinea pig this mod. I feel very confident about having it done to mine. Just working out the finances and I will definitely have my ECU reflashed. It makes the bike run better, smoother, faster and pull stronger....at least that's what I've read. LOL I can't wait!

....and to answer another question you had, no, you do not need a separate fuel controller. The bike's ECU is reprogrammed to get every scrap of horsepower and torque that this 1300 v-twin has to offer.

#14 ·
I was asked by an anonymous farm animal to come on here and give the low down on the reflash but it appears that my fellow reflashers have stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park, so I am not sure what else can be said that hasn't already been said in the thread that they linked, the same as the one in my signature, but if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask and I would be glad to help out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.