June 2011 Fury of the Month for SALE! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to xxxxxxxxxxxDreamReaver
Default June 2011 Fury of the Month for SALE!

Sad to say, but I have to sell my beloved Fury. If you want to know what it looks like, browse to the FotM thread and find June 2011. My silver beast is the winner.

The bike hasn't changed much since then. It was on sale for $19,999 at Tom Clark Motorsports (consignment), but the price has dropped since then down to $13,999. It needs to sell, period, but I need at bottom line to pay off the loan.

If anyone is interested, please PM me. I cannot deliver the bike, as I don't have the transportation means. Financing is available through Tom Clark Motorsports, but if you want to keep this a private sale, then you can go through me of course. Again, $13,999 is already $6K lower than I wanted for it and to me it's a steal.

Bike has about 12,500 miles and a fresh oil change (Amsoil blue cap full synthetic), has never had any engine work done or anything go wrong (literally, nothing has broken on the bike), and brand new tires (Dunlop Elite 3, OEM size). The list of upgrades is extensive, but I have ALL OEM parts, including the original exhaust (brand new), front fender (painted silver), and ALL documentation of every aftermarket part and upgrade installed. I have the owners manual with every maintenance item checked and the mileage it was done (all proof of this can be obtained from Z&M Cycles in Greensburg or Tom Clark Motorsports in Belle Vernon, PA). I will give everything I have to the buyer, which is an incredible amount of stuff. I still have the OEM intake, front and rear signals, everything. I don't have the OEM wheels because I sold them to offset the RC Components Savage wheels.

I hate to even have to do this, but I have no choice. Things have changed for me and I am not riding motorcycles anymore. This bike is just dead weight, and I lowered it to the absolute lowest I can. For $14K, this bike is a dead steal. Thanks!
xxxxxxxxxxxDreamReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

I saw that you had the bike up fpr sale and was surprised. Sorry to hear it, Branden, but best of luck! Your bike is a beauty for sure.
Exredninjaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

You have one of the THEE most beautiful Furys out there. Sad to see you sell it, but wish you the best.

... I now have a bad-ass 2013 Stateline.
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Did you fix pulsatind vibration problem? what was wrong

I have a problem...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't reached out to the forum for this yet, and it's so specific of a problem that I can't find any other threads about it.

So, ever since I had the Low & Mean lowering spring installed on my Fury, whenever I carry a passenger and am going between about 45-55 mph up a hill in 3rd or 4th gear, there's a pulsating vibration in the rear end that I can feel in the seat. My passenger can't feel it, but I can.

I asked the club members yesterday about it and they said that because I changed the angle of the suspension, it could be my drive shaft. My wheels are the RC Components Savage type and I use the stock tire size with dynabeads for balancing (not weights). So it's not the wheels and I just had the tires changed and nothing was wrong with the rear bearings.

Has anyone else had this issue? When I lower the shock (toward the Low end of the adjustment knob), the issue gets worse (with a passenger). When I put it more toward the high end, it seems to get better. The issue is far less pronounced when I am riding solo (e.g. no weight bearing on the rear end). Should I go back to the stock spring? Is anyone else having this issue?

If you want more info, just let me know and I'll do my best to provide accurate details beyond what I just did. I'm going crazy trying to figure out why this happens with weight bearing up a hill between 45 and 55 mph or so in third or fourth gear. It's pulsating right under my butt in the seat. Seems to be the suspension or drive shaft due to the change in angle and weight-bearing. It's been happening since day one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by DreamReaver; 05-27-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
jw

I have the spring with 3" extensions and the shock is at its lowest setting.I have not felt what you described but I only ride solo .

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to xxxxxxxxxxxDreamReaver

The issue hasn't surfaced since the shop made some adjustments to the shock back several months ago. Even with a passenger, it's not an issue anymore. The problem was load angle, as someone had suggested. I believe they adjusted the damping or rebound setting of the shock with that adjustment screw. There hasn't been any rubbing or problem since.
xxxxxxxxxxxDreamReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement