New Member, St Petersburg, Fl - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Member, St Petersburg, Fl

Hey everybody! My name is David. I'm in the Air Force and currently stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa. I just purchased a brand new pearl white Fury from Barney's of St Pete (for anybody local). Prior to the Fury, I only rode crotch rockets; however, my girlfriend and I went on a 2 hour group ride a couple of weeks ago and our bodies hurt so bad after, we decided it was time to get something a lil more upright. I couldn't fully commit so I didn't trade my sport bike in, but I did walk out of the shop with a Fury. Since I had never owned anything other than a sport bike, I really had no clue what I wanted. I looked at HDs of course, but really didn't see one within my budget that 'wowed' me. I walked into Barney's and saw the Fury and my girlfriend and I both knew that was the one. I walked in near closing, but refused to buy the bike without being able to take it home that night. They called their service dept and made it happen. My sportbike I rode there on was left in their showroom for a couple of nights due to Thanksgiving being the next day. Anyway, I can't stop looking at this bike. I've already ordered the Cobra swept exhaust, Baron big air kit, and power commander....can't wait til they get so I can get them installed. I also order the authentic low upright sissy bar and seatback from honda.....I feel I'm going to regret it because my girlfriend wan'ts a higher seatback so if anybody has any suggestions on an alternative before I get this thing installed, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I'm glad to join this community and hope I can pick your brains to make my already AWESOME bike even more AWESOME with a few mods.
dajwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the FURY NATION, great ppl and all u need to know about Furys

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
DaveRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Congrats on the Fury. Check out Ginz Choppers - Sissy bars, backrest, luggage racks for Customs, Honda, Harley Davidson, Victory, Yamaha & more for taller sissy bars. They are pricey (mine was about $400 all said and done) but worth it I feel. I love mine. And you don't have to drill the fender, just the fender frame.

p.s., it does take about 5 weeks to get it...they make them to order.
Exredninjaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out. $400 will be worth it and make my life less miserable if it makes my girlfriend happy.
dajwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome, and Thank You for your service to our country,slow a little on the mods, lot of cool stuff so you want the stuff thats suits you and your girl friend, once you install the factory bar you will have holes in the fender and if you ain't happy with it.. could be a problem... I have a extreme tee-pee bar on mine built by Ginz Choppers( 25'' above rear fender) check out their web site, Highway Hawk also has bars.
KenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum. You got a Fury neighbor down there (Alan, aka ST Pete). Look him up. Great guy.....

B 3/22nd Infantry "Deeds Not Words"
FSB Crook, Tay Ninh, Viet Nam 1969
taffyspop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hey! Welcome, neighbor!!!

Are you riding in the Toys for Tots Run tomorrow (Sun, 25Nov)?

Alan
... I now have a bad-ass 2013 Stateline.
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum ride safe
Nite Fury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hi David,
Welcome to the Forum and the Fury Nation. Congrats on your ride too.
I agree with Exredninjaguy on the Ginz products, Superb and well worth the wait.
All the best from the UK.
Advertisement