Heading to Nashville... - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

First, a correction to my post: where should be "wear."
Now, as to what site to get gear from; there are many sites. One site is:
Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories by BikeBandit.com
And another is:
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
That's just a start. Do a Bing or a Google search and you'll find a site that suits your fancy.
FuryousNurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

@odiefords - Glad to hear it! Happen to remember that ride - what roads maybe?

@FuryousNurse - Thanks!
Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

Ride west of Nashville to Dixon and then north to Clarksville and take I24 back to Nashville. Best 3 hour ride I have ever done.
Odiefords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I would say welcome to the forum but if you have been lurking around for a while then you know your way around, but congrats on signing up for an account. I lived in Clarksville for 8 years while stationed at Ft. Campbell, great area and miss it.

I also have a black Fury, I would say just look around at the different threads and see what you like and either try to find what you are looking for or feel free to ask and someone will point you in the right direction. I also have a POC on a powder coater that's close to Clarksville that does good work for a reasonable price so if you decide to get something powder coated I can give you his website if you don't find someone closer to you.

You'll have a decent riding season their, but do expect some cold weather and some snow during fall / winter, a couple of inches of snow and they want to shut everything down or delay the opening of school and other places.

If you are into Country music you will have a great time and lots to see, Grand Ol Opry, Country Music Hall Of Fame, lots of stuff goes on around there.

If you are into Football then you have the Titans that play at LP Field, Bridgestone Arena has Hockey, the Nashville Predators.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks so much!

I'm not much of a country fan, but I think I'm going to have to learn to like it.

And, I look forward to that ride.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Don't worry. They still have some rock concerts there too.
Odiefords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Just thought about this but to bad you couldn't be there before Christmas, they light up the Opryland Hotel, just beautiful there this time of the year, damnit the more I think about it the more I want to be back there lol.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

I've been seeing all the pictures of what I'm missing through friends that live there. It's amazing to see the difference in tradition and culture between so cal and Nashville.

Can't wait to be part of it all.

Decorating the opry is some kind of job, must be an amazing thing. Lord willing (and weather permitting) ill bring a fury to the festivities next year.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

I lived in Nashville for 3 years and it was WONDERFUL! The weather is beautiful and the people are very sweet.

It should provide you a great backdrop to ride in. Good luck with the move and welcome to the fold from CT.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loweguy View Post
I lived in Nashville for 3 years and it was WONDERFUL! The weather is beautiful and the people are very sweet.

It should provide you a great backdrop to ride in. Good luck with the move and welcome to the fold from CT.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks for the welcome. It will be interesting to compare the weather in so cal to that of Nashville. We got it pretty good here in cali.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement