Heading to Nashville... - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Heading to Nashville...

Greetings!

I guess for the moment, I'll be the newest guy around these forums. I have been avidly riding for a few years, but have yet to pull the trigger on a "real" one. Shortly after getting married, the wife was too worried to let me get the bike I really wanted - a fury - so she settled for a Vespa. Go figure, even now she realizes that was no bike for a bearded man.

Having been in full-time ministry for plenty of years here in Southern California, the wife and I are moving to Nashville in January. After learning we are not able to conceive, she agreed it's time to let me get a different kind of baby - my fury. While I haven't been able to pull the trigger just yet (we are waiting until after we move, and the weather is optimal), I wanted to get started on my preparations now.

I am hoping to learn plenty from all of you, and enjoy any wisdom you are willing to share. With the cash in hand, it is only a matter of time before I join the ranks.

Have seen plenty of nice bikes posted here. I am looking at buying new and ABS. Black is where my heart is - in fact, I am looking to make everything black (pipes, engine casing, head light, etc). If there is any guidance on suppliers on this, I would appreciate it!

Almost forgot, I have ridden plenty of bikes to know what I want. After riding a fury a couple times, I can't think of anything else I would want.
Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
jw

Welcome From Indy
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome mate I too am going to go down the road of more black and less chrome. I have just over a week to go until my bike arrives and the first thing I will do is strip it down a little and splash the paint and powder coat around so I will be very interested in the advice you get on this
Ride safe
Richard

European Fury Fest 2014
July 18,19,20th
ridgeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Dave Maher

Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome to the nation! Hit me up when you get to town, there's a few of us here in Nashville your welcome to ride anytime

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
CurtisFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
DaveRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

That's going to be a loong winter for you.
Be sure to where a good contrasting color with the black bike you will have.
And start saving now for the mods you want to do.
FuryousNurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Welcome Tito! Minister of Our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ...? If so Hey Brother! one of my favorite pastors is Greg Laurie, from California, Adrian Rogers is also one of my favorite pastors , he Pastored a church in Tennessee until he passed away....still listen to him everyday on Christian Radio station 10:00 am.
Cool To Have You... Enjoy the journey!
KenD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

@KenD - My wife was very active at Greg Laurie's church - until she met me. It's about 15 minutes from where I live and work. As an Outreach/Evangelism Pastor, I have long respected the work Laurie has done through the years.

@CurtisFury - Good to know! Some of my riding buddies out here were wondering how active the 'cycle community is out there. Can you tell me much about how long the riding seasons are? Is Nashville biker friendly (is anywhere?)?

@FuryousNurse - Duly noted. Thanks! Any suggestions on where to purchase new gear online?
Tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nashville is very biker friendly. I was stationed at the 101st and visited often. Great riding on winding country road NW of there. Also you need to visit the Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville. We did a ride with 9 of us and the owner bought our appetizers. Pretty cool.
Odiefords is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement