Honda Fury Forums: banner

New Fury Owner in Ohio

2K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Slikk83 
#1 ·
So I was young once....learned (owned) a Suzuki Bandit 400. Then traded that in on a used (laid down) Honda CBR600F3 that I customized.

Then I got married, had a kid coming and sold it all........now 16yrs later I got divorced, got custody of the kids, Ex didn't get a dime , retired from the Military and I wanted another bike. I always liked a custom chopper look but couldn't afford the price tag. Thought my days of crotch rockets and doing over 100 were probably over as well. Saw the Fury while I was just looking online and within 3weeks found a nice 2013 with low miles. Went out to see it, liked it, had a coworker (bike enthusiast) help me look it over and bought it.

Now I was a decent rider back in the day but I had not really rode in quite some time so I am rusty. I must say learning the rake of the Fury was interesting on turns and my feet still feel awkward going forward instead of back but the bike rides nice. also I had always worn a full helmet so switching to just the dome version (think sons of anarchy style) is taking a little to get used to on the eyes and windpipe.

This one had some customization done already.
-cobra pipes
-new chrome air filter (forget the brand)
-chrome radiator cover
-clear lenses for turn signals and red lights in the rear
-mustang seats
-had the sissy bar with chrome luggage holder. I removed the bar though and put the seat back there. the bar wasn't my style
-custom foot pedals
-some kind of electronic fuel injection mod (again don't recall the name). I still need to read the instruction manual on that to see what its doing

I got it just before winter and have finally got about 200miles on it and feel pretty comfortable.

I still have a few things I want to do
-side mount license plate
-chrome wheels
-new taillight
-maybe some custom airbrushing

And since it didn't happen without pictures....
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Mode of transport

See less See more
#15 ·
Ok,....the reflectors will be gone as well. I don't like those either.

Last night I took my girlfriend for a short ride. First Time I rode a passenger in over 17yrs. She has rode with other a few times and she did good to maintain a pretty steady position. We did take one right turn onto a side street that is narrow and tight and if a car is in the lane on the opposite side its difficult. I either scrapped my aftermarket foot rest or the bottom of a pipe.

Now that was a weird feeling! You can lean a crotch rocket way down before you hit peg. Then the rains started pouring and I had to deal with some family issues with my daughters (teenagers....lord help me!!!). So I didn't get to do any inspection. I'll get some pictures this week once the rain clears out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.