Honda Fury Forums: banner

Newbie from Central Illinois

3K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  49906 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! New guy here. Just bought a '10 fury with 12,500 miles in middle of June. Loving it so far. Been lurking around checking out the aftermarket stuff to do. Never can leave a vehicle alone haha. Unfortunatly last night I laid her over after hitting a downed tree branch in the road so now I am fixing her up. Pics or it didn't happen, right? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the forum, sorry to here about your mishap so soon after your purchase. I can sympathize with you though, I live in N.E.Michigan and I can't tell you how many times I've had one of those wild ass Maple trees jump right out in front of me when you least expect it....lol

#8 ·
Welcome from Europe !

Glad the damage is on the bike, not yourself. But it still hurts. That tank will be costly to repair/replace.
If you're going to replace and you think the Fury tank is too small for the kind of riding you do, you might consider replacing it with a Sabre tank. Someone on here did this. Seems to be an easy mod.

#12 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Insurance quoted $2800 in damage so took it to a shop to get another quote. Looking like I can get everything for close to $1500 without the exhaust and just fix it myself. Possibly looking to get Low n Means ground pounders for exhaust. This next month I should have it back up n running.

#13 ·
STG makes the ground pounders, as well as a handful of other very tasteful pipes. He's an avid member on here and just went full time for his MC business! Give him a shout, you can't go wrong with his work!!

#20 ·
Well I began taking the bike apart to fix stuff. Is there any mods I should to for appearance while I have the tank and rear fender off? I ordered a LED tail light to get rid of the whale tail and a plate relocater. Trying to do most stuff while I have it apart. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.