Honda Fury Forums: banner

Whats up people

5K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  Salvagedfury 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just a wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a salvaged 2016 Honda Fury for 2995.00. Here are some pics. Let me know if you think I got a good deal. A little back ground from me. I've been on motorcycles since I was a kid. My other current bike is a turbo suzuki hayabusa that I built the motor and mods my self. Looking forward to getting to know this bike and getting it ready for a DOT inspection in the spring. Sorry for the giant pics. Awaiting feedback.

Dan from Wisconsin

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
If the motor runs okay, it looks like it's a good deal.
Better start searching Ebay for left hand peg and side cover. What you gonna do with the tank ?

Welcome to the forum SF !

#7 ·
Do you have the background information as to why it is a salvaged bike? Obviously visually tank and the peg, but there should be no way it would gain a salvage title because of that? Just interested in what else may be wrong as it seems like a pretty good deal!
Welcome aboard!

#11 ·
That's insurance companies for you man. Sometimes its cheaper for them to just salvage than replace all the parts and the labor costs associated with it.

Ha ha, nice! I was concerned since some 'lifetime bikers' think looking at the paint is inspection enough. And living in Wisconsin certainly shows that you aren't immune to bad judgement ;)

You will fit in perfectly here, welcome!
Touche! :toast:

#19 ·
Carefully cut the large dent out the tank, turn the dent inside-out, weld it back onto the hole in the tank, and voila - you have extra fuel capacity. And you keep the extra character the dent gives.

Reactions: Rope
#22 ·
Welcome Salvagedfury,
Enjoy the bike and forum.

#24 · (Edited)
Looks like a decent bike to fix up. Also looks like some work was started on it (rear pegs and seat). Side covers will be easy to replace as will the clutch lever. The tank and swing arm might cost you a few pennies. If you decide to modify it, consider a Sumo-X kit for a wider rear. Still looks like you might be able to sand it down and repaint the swing arm. You'll end up changing the pegs any way. Get the frame and motor checked. Otherwise, nice project bike.

#26 ·
I'm not to picky so I will not be replacing any of the major parts unless it's necessary for safeties sake. Swing arm just has a few scratches so some sanding and paint. Wide tire kits suck period. :moto3: I've checked the motor and frame myself, no issues.

What parts are you in need of as I have some stock stuff I took off mine collecting dust. LMK what you need.
Well, I need both clutch and brake levers. They are black on this bike but the one that it was replaced with for the clutch is raw aluminum and the brake is the stock black but it was bent by the salvage delivery, might just bend it back. Also need the turn signals and a headlight replacement. As well as the left side cover for the battery. Also need the left side grip cover the screws onto the end of the handlebars. I'm sure I'm missing something but that's the majority of it. I keep finding broken plastic parts all over this thing. The good thing is that they're easy to find on Ebay.

#30 ·
Welcome! I've got some stiletto pegs that are available for your project. Also stock mirrors, levers and grips. U pay shipping and they are yours.

#32 ·
Are the pegs all metal? If they are I'll pass thanks for the offer though. Trying to keep the vibration to a minimum on my delicate feet! I posted that I was interested in the stock mirrors, grips to another member but haven't heard back from him. Lets give it till tomorrow and I'll take the mirrors and grips off your hands. I'll pm you my address.

#40 ·
Yeah thats what I thought. I did check the compression for sh!ts and giggles. It fell within the factory specs when warmed up. I was surprised how much of a difference there was between cold (got 145psi) and warm ( about 165) testing. The principle makes sense though as a cold motor has more space between the piston and the cylinder as well as the ring gap expanding when warm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.