Honda Fury Forums: banner

2016 Fury Owner

3K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  ChicoFury 
#1 ·
Love this bike I've been riding for years from Harley's to yamahas but this bike def. puts a smile on my face and is a real head turner. More so than the stateline. I put the Cobra 3" slip ons and the powrflo intake on it and some floorboards. Mustang seat soon for my motorcycle mama! I live in Lebanon, MO and since I bought my blue one two other people now have a blue one. So I thought I'd better start customizing. Anyway just wanted to say hello.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Welcome from Europe !

#11 ·
Welcome! Of course it's a head turner... it's the blue16!
I've never seen twisties like in did in SD county CA.... U.K. Roads are TINY! And they drive on the wrong side to boot! Beautiful tho... just out there last month and met 3 Forum brothers!

Anyway, welcome and enjoy, and not fer nuthin but the reflashed ECU is priceless...

#12 ·
i asked the service guy where I bought told me I didn't need one and it was a waste of money, and he told me that if I started it and let it run on idle for 15 min or so that it would recalibrate itself. So that's not true I guess? I performed what he told me when I put the slip ons on it and the intake and I could here it reconfiguring. Give me the facts people.

#15 · (Edited)
Of course he told you that, it's called job security.

The ECU is programmed from the factory to a set of parameters designed for the stock intake and exhaust in order to meet EPA regulations. The MAP sensor can only compensate for the added air so much and our US spec bikes don't have O2 sensors to read A/F ratios. Regardless of how much you let it idle it isn't going to change the fuel or timing tables mapped into the ECU.

Ultimately it's your bike, do with it as you see fit.

#13 ·
Another welcome from the Great State of Maine! Enjoy your Fury, but heed the knowledge of some of our Forum members. Be safe!

Reactions: 49906 and MarcoFury
#14 ·
Welcome MarcoFury,
Enjoy the bike and forum

#16 · (Edited)
VS reflashed ECU (your's) which is based on an engine with free flowing intake and exhaust such as yours.
Reflash: $375.
Ebay used engine as of today's listing: $1190. That's just the engine, not removal and replacement!

Reactions: Kbuskill
#17 ·
Oh, and yes you can modify anything you want short of "splitting the cases" ,as my shop manager told me, according to legislation allowing this BUT, if your mods cause your engine to fail due to running lean, the warranty will not cover it.
The view above is general, not personal and has numerous shades of gray in practice.

#18 ·
And the ear to ear grin comes stock with the Fury! Consider it permanent.

#19 ·
Definitely 100% flash the ECU. Say that by some miracle the guy is right... which he's not, but let's say he was. The reflash wakes the bike BIG TIME, it's worth it just for that AND everything else is a bonus

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I echo @Hillzz he called it, the absolute BEST suggestion I can ever give a new fury owner, is to get ALL your Fury answers from this forum; NOT from a bike shop, and dude --- NEVER from a dealership.

On this forum you gain direct experience with your exact model bike, AND creative, awesome people, to boot. It's not like any other forum out there...

Cheers! And ride safe & happy
:flamebike:

#22 ·
I appreciate everyone replies and respect them all I will get the ecu flash. Does it cancel the rev limiter? Ive heard or read that it does. Not that I wanna go over 100 mph, and I've never hit the limit in any gear. Hell the damn thing looks fast setting still. I also still enjoy the occasional cruise with my wife on her metropolitan.

#24 ·
Yes it raises the rev limiter so it will go past 100 and of course revs higher in every gear. Changes the air fuel ratio, drops the idle down to 750 (get that nice potato potato sound), drops the temp when the fan kicks on, etc. Combines with intake and exhaust and you will be in love

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.