Florida Caverns - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Florida Caverns

You guys tell me when.
FuryousNurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You talking about the same place that we were going to meet up a couple weeks ago? Might have to put that on hold with the storm coming this way lol.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

yep. I was planning on riding this weekend, but between my Cat, Kid, and the storm... nope i'll be conserving the gas and money for a while. i' not worried about the storm.... it'll crawl in and fade out without a wimper. Cat 1's are nothing but a pissed of thunder storm. on the plus side i'll probably be off from work a half day Tuesday and all day Wednesday....
Rick Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Yeah it's crazy around town now with trying to get gas and other things people are getting worked up already and it's still a ways out and we are still not for sure where it's going. Plus my battery died Thursday after I got gas so I'm charging it to see if it's going to come back to life or if I have to buy a new one, weathers supposed to be nice this weekend but I'll just stay home and conserve fuel since all the places are running out already, just got back from town and had to run to a few gas stations to find gas, should have just taken them to base and filled up when I filled the truck up.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow, a stupid little cat 1 hurricane, it's still a few days out, uncertain as to where it exactly will go, and people get whacked out. Not you guys, just the fact that stations are running out of gas because people think something catastrophic is going to happen. LOL, makes me wonder what will happen if something truly catastrophic ever does happen. When things align properly and ya'll are eager for the caverns, just let me know.
FuryousNurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Yeah we'll have to definitely hook up and get a ride in, one of these days lol.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ivan was the last major storm to roll through this area and it did a pretty decent deal. but the gas station thing happens EVERY time there is a hurricane. the bad part is because of the panic people do filling up 15 gas cans, it creates a shortage, and because of that prices sky rocket. the first gone is the regular, then the mid grade and finally the premium. if you have a vehicle that uses premium (like i did during Ivan) good luck getting gas because it's the last kind any one of the stations orders. went without gas almost two weeks when Ivan rolled through. there will be a decent amount of wind, but right now it looks like the track is going right between Panama City and Niceville. so if it stays on the path we're (KIOWA and myself) on the west side which is the good side to be on minimal winds except when the eye passes, and little to no threat of tornados. been through a bunch of these and rode out Ivan (Cat 4 that was down graded to a 3 very shortly after coming on shore) in my parents house .

it was nerve racking, but do able. the worst part is these things ALWAYS seem to come on shore at night, or as the sun falls. last one i remember during the day time was Erin about 13 years back.

not saying this to be a master of all, just letting those that may have never been through this know what to expect or how things usually go.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've only been in PC for about a year and a half now and came from Atlanta, so this will be my first experience with a semi-direct hit from a hurricane. Not too worried about it, but it does look like we will get the East wall of the storm here, which is the worst side of it. People were already raiding the stores this past week. Panic mode is setting in for some.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

We're are you guys I'm in Vero beach fl

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Ray fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray fl View Post
We're are you guys I'm in Vero beach fl

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
we're up in the pan handle. a bit of a ways from you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement