VTX1300 Spike air cleaner to Fury
This part was meant for a VTX1300
1. First off I used aluminum tape to tape off the hole I didnít need and filled it with gorilla epoxy.
2. I took the inter piece and cut off the nipple sticking into the center big hole
3. Then I use two different sanders to sand smooth the edge I cut, so it matches the rest of the inner diameter.
4. Then I drilled and tapped the hose fittings one on the side and the other to the back, close to where the originals were at.
5. Then I used the original throttle body seal and installed in the section you ground down smooth it was a perfect fit.
6. Install the new unit to the bike with the hoses connected and the throttle body clamp tight.
7. Made a new support strap from the back of the plate to the lower original bolt where the air cleaner attaches to.
8. Added the spike and Walla here it is now I just need to make the top cover.
9. recommend making gaskets where the cone mounts too.
Chrome spike on eBay $88.50
Air fitting adapters @ pep boys $6.00
Look twice, bikers have lives too!
Last edited by trx450rr; 03-12-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Reason: changing title