Honda Fury Forums: banner

San Diego to Yosemite to Lassen Volcanic to Mount Shasta to Crater Lake N.P. Oregon

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  gman_40 
#1 ·
Last week June, 1st week of July will be trailering the Fury up North and unloading, camping, riding the areas of Yosemite, Lassen Volcanic, Mount Shasta, and finally Crater Lake National Park ,Oregon (all tentatively ). If any Fury riders want to join up for a day ride it would be great.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Locked & Loaded !

Departing San Diego early Monday, June 27, 2016. Reversing the original planned route, making a bee line to Crater National Park, Oregon (1st time visit) . Hoping to make it to Castle Lake free camping near Mt. Shasta (Northern California) by Monday night. Then making it to Crater Lake N.P the next day. Hope to be staying at Natural Bridge campground just south of the park (Prospect area ) as home base . Then Tues July 5 will work my way back home to San Diego via Lassen Volcanic National Park, Yosemite, time weather permitting.

If any Fury riders in the areas want to join or have suggestions please chime in or PM me, thanks, dave

Attachments

#5 ·
Forecast is perfect!

Camping at Natural Bridge campground, north of Prospect. Will be at campsite #12 until Tues morn and start working my way back to San Diego. Plenty of room, bring your own sleeping bag. Beautiful roads & scenery, spotty cell service so will be out for a while.

Crater Lake National Park.

Attachments

#6 ·
Camping at Natural Bridge campground, north of Prospect. Will be at campsite #12 until Tues morn and start working my way back to San Diego. Plenty of room, bring your own sleeping bag. Beautiful roads & scenery, spotty cell service so will be out for a while.

Crater Lake National Park.
Looks like a FPOTM opportunity to me !! :grin:

#7 ·
Trip complete

Spent a solid week in the Crater Lake National Park area. Great camping 25 miles south of the park, 10 miles north of town of Prospect. ***WARNING*** Gas stations are few and far between, had some close calls. Roads were well maintained and of course the scenery was the best. Will post a complete album in a few weeks. Left fork seal went bad, collateral damage to tank, chrome valve covers and pant leg ( oil stains ). Low fuel warning light was working good !

Will post a complete album in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

Reactions: Will'sFury
#9 · (Edited)
Crater Lake Album is Started.

If anyone is interested, I started the album but am not allowed to post anymore pictures. I am pondering whether to go premium or lifetime member to upgrade and get more room for photos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.