Honda Fury Forums: banner

Bagger Convertible

14K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  WI_Hedgehog 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Interesting, but I not my style.
For those of you that actually RIDE it is a cleaner alternative ;)

Remember, it is convertible. So when you are just cruising to impress it all comes off in minutes ;).

Since I don't spend a lot of time sipping coffee and looking at it from a distance, from where I sit (riding down the road) it still looks the same as that first day out. No wind screen or spot lights like the cruisers, just the open road.
The changes I have made simply allow me more saddle time and more comfort during the same ride we all share. I'll be the one who didn't leave extra gear behind because I misjudged the weather or had to go home and get the car to pick up groceries.

Granted, it's all a joy ride, but I can ride where bare choppers fear to tread.

#6 ·
Here's what I am thinking. I take off my tail lights and my skulls on my sissy bar mounts. Move the bags down and back a bit and bolt them directly to my sissy bar mount.

paint the bags orange to match my bike and use the lights in the bags as turn signals.

Is there enough clearance from the exhaust to the bags?

#12 · (Edited)
The Corbin 'saddlebags' have more style but only 24.5 Liter capacity each compared to 41 liters for the GIVI. No passenger accommodation on my Fury but it is possible either by mounting the bags further back or extending the passenger foot rests more forward (a bit more than Corbin does) which I have seen some do just for comfort ;). The bags come off in seconds and the brackets in a few minutes (two bolts each). My original plan was to only use them for traveling but I use them every day and always have my gear on board. Not as tough as I used to be so comfort is a big sell :D.

One small footnote: I have modified the brackets since theses pics and videos to raise them 1"; not for the exhaust but to stop scratching the final drive over speed bumps :eek:.

#15 ·
fury15 said:
Hello Gar, I want to first introduce myself as an forum member and fellow Fury owner. I have been following the forum very closley since my fury purchase on Jan 14,2012. Purchased a red 2011 and it has more mods than miles, but I won't bore you with all the small talk. I am very interested in the saddle bag brackets you made for your bike. Would you be willing to make a set for me to purchase? If you aren't willing to make a set is there a blueprint that you would sell? I too like taking long trips and it would be the perfect setup. Thanks for all the wisdom and knowledge you bring to the forum.
Ride safe, Johnnie
Just made them up as I went. Too many hours involved to make them again but easy enough for you to take a line off the foot peg mounts and then up to the frame. The lower rail goes to the lower foot peg bolt hole and then kicks up an inch on the right side and 1¼" on the left. From there you drill and bolt through the frame into the little dogleg welded to the top that gets around the fender. The bag mounting hardware has to be fitted to bracket to match the bag mounting slots, at least that's how I did it. Make sure you read all of this thread especially posts 15 & 16.

#16 ·
Not a big fan of bags on a chopper, but I can see where that setup would be at times helpful on a long haul. Now can you just come up with a way for me to carry my lunch box to and from work? Just kidding
By the way I like the way those pipes sound, did you engineer them yourself?
Regards,
Dewking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.