Starting Tests and Battery Performance - Page 4 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Hedgehog View Post
(I'll try to use small words for @Seņor Gar ... ):
Uh oh. He doesn't like being challenged you know. He figures that he has never been in a room where he wasn't the smartest one in it...

Quote:
Turning the key to "on" didn't cause a voltage drop; the headlight is switched off, so no draw there, but the tail lights are on.
How exactly did you achieve this?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:29 PM
Septuagenarian Rider

Location: West End of the 49th Parallel on a US 2010 CBS/ABS Fury
Quote:
(I'll try to use small words for @Seņor Gar ... ):
Much appreciated by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
Uh oh. He doesn't like being challenged you know. He figures that he has never been in a room where he wasn't the smartest one in it...
That would be true if it was just the two of us
post #33 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:51 PM

Talking

Quote:
Hence the seven-letter limit...

Quote:
How exactly did you achieve this?
Turn the switch to "off" before shutting down the bike and leave it there.

-Sir Ironass
(Fury Nation map)(msg BakoFury your zipcode for add)
(Ginz Choppers - excellent service & prices)

post #34 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Gar View Post
That would be true if it was just the two of us
I do happen to know that it is not true. But I do see where you went wrong this time. You seem to equate a self-important twat with being intelligent. It is not true.

Quote:
Turn the switch to "off" before shutting down the bike and leave it there.
Which switch? My headlight does not have a seperate unique switch. If I turn the main off, the tail lights go off. I will have to go outside and verify, but I do not think I can replicate a condition where the bike is energized, but the headlight is not. I am honestly curious if I am missing something here...
WI_Hedgehog likes this.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire

Last edited by Ordinary Biker; 04-20-2019 at 09:12 AM.
post #35 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:32 AM
Septuagenarian Rider

OB, your thoughtfulness and intelligence exceed expectations.
post #36 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:08 PM

Talking

@Ordinary Biker : @Seņor Gar isn't so bad, just have to get used to him, kind of like @Goat . With Gar a third of the time he's giving out bad advice to prank new guys, another third of the time he has really good knowledge and insight, a third he's plain ol' wrong, and the last third he's having trouble reading big words. Jus' gotta know which third it is. ~

Regarding the switch, use the headlight switch. When shutting down switch it to High Beam, hit the red Engine Kill switch, then turn off and remove the key. When starting it back up insert and turn on the key, wait 2 seconds, pull the clutch lever and shift to neutral, turn the EKS to Run, wait 3 seconds, hold the Start button until the engine starts, wait 2 seconds, then switch from High Beam to Low Beam and the headlight comes on. If you don't switch from High Beam the headlight stays off.

-Sir Ironass
(Fury Nation map)(msg BakoFury your zipcode for add)
(Ginz Choppers - excellent service & prices)
post #37 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:13 PM
Septuagenarian Rider

Quote:
@Ordinary Biker : @Seņor Gar isn't so bad, just have to get used to him, kind of like @Goat . With Gar a third of the time he's giving out bad advice to prank new guys, another third of the time he has really good knowledge and insight, a third he's plain ol' wrong, and the last third he's having trouble reading big words. Jus' gotta know which third it is. ~

Regarding the switch, use the headlight switch. When shutting down switch it to High Beam, hit the red Engine Kill switch, then turn off and remove the key. When starting it back up insert and turn on the key, wait 2 seconds, pull the clutch lever and shift to neutral, turn the EKS to Run, wait 3 seconds, hold the Start button until the engine starts, wait 2 seconds, then switch from High Beam to Low Beam and the headlight comes on. If you don't switch from High Beam the headlight stays off.
Damn Hedge, where did you learn to add fractions ! Who's gonna take the word of someone who can't add single digits ???

As far as being "plain ol' wrong", how the fuck would you know. The second half of the previous post on the headlight is total fabrication.
You don't have a Fury to backup your claim.

When I get something wrong I own it and correct it. Feel free to point out any I've missed and I'll set it or you straight, as I always do.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.
post #38 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
I would promise to give everything he says proper due consideration, but I have already done that.

Quote:
I guess I will just have to take your word on this...

post #39 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:31 PM
Septuagenarian Rider

Don't take my word against it, just read a wiring diagram
post #40 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Gar View Post
Paul, might want to try hooking your battery monitor up to another vehicle with a lead acid or AGM battery and compare results
I think it may be a software bug as I don't see that kind of voltage with my lithium battery and the same battery monitor. If Paul could try it on iOS it should prove or disprove my theory.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode