43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 193 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 01:03 PM

Cool

sehr interessant. guter beitrag . thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 11:09 AM

I'm going to agree with @Seņor Gar on not running a pre-filter-filter on the fuel line. There's already enough stuff crammed in there and adding 3 potential points of failure above a hot engine and exhaust is not a good idea. The Type-B filter should be sufficient, just pull the fuel pump out every 10 years and clean it.

It appears the inside of the tank is not coated with a long-term protective coating, if it was the coating would be breaking down in more places than the weld seams, although that could indeed be the start of the breakdown. Instead it seems there is some chemical issue with the fuel and the many things that get mixed into a weld, noting welds aren't done if a vacuum.

The fuel is still an issue. Premium fuel doesn't have Ethanol, which is the cause of many, many problems. However, after running tests with premium fuel and checking out the insides of the cylinders, I can confirm that on my bike (which ran somewhat rich instead of lean) Premium fuel was not a good idea, as it did indeed not burn as completely as Regular and led to carbon deposits.

Buying Top-Tier gasoline of the octane rating suggested by the Owner's Manual is the better option.

It was mentioned in many other threads, running SeaFoam is a good idea to keep things running well given the Ethanol issues. It was also pointed out that a SeaFoam substitute can be made at home, and I've since found a really great explanation with a better tested formula.

Before working on the fuel system, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD:
Removed the fuel tank

BakoFury likes this.

-Sir Ironass
(Fury Nation map)(msg BakoFury your zipcode for add)
(Ginz Choppers - excellent service & prices)
post #193 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Gar View Post
The inside of your fuel tank and the tank liner particles (sediment) you pull from the filter is all the evidence you need.

This is a safety issue since it could easily cause your engine to quit in the midst of traffic on a fast moving motorway.
The bottom line of your post Seņor Gar is exactly what happened to me 2 weeks ago on the way home from work. Gonna take tank off tonight and have a little inspection.
Seņor Gar likes this.

PIGzFury
Feb 2014 FOTM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in