2010 Honda Fury Review - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

2010 Honda Fury Review

There’s irony in the fact that Honda, the “nicest people” company, is now building what in our modern vernacular is a chopper, a genre previously associated with ne’er-do-wells, tattoos and hard living.

Honda is known globally as an engineering powerhouse whose R&D efforts are second to none in the motorcycle world. But a chopper-style motorcycle, with its extended wheelbase and raked-out front end, forces dynamic compromises not present in other classes of bikes.

So the question is: In a market segment with a heavy accent on form over function, can the 2010 Fury find the right balance? After a day of riding this outside-the-Honda-box creation, we can reply in the affirmative.

More: 2010 Honda Fury Review on Motorcycle.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 PM

Silly fat tires???? lol

I think a fatter rear tire might be one of my first mods!!!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 02:35 PM

haha... have you been reading my posts??

But seriously this is an awesome review. Gets my heart pumping just thinking about riding that bad boy!

Looking at the 4 of them lined up is a thing of beauty, Im actually starting to like the Dark Red bike on the far right!!!!

Panties not best thing on earth but next to best thing on earth

Last edited by Raked_Out; 02-27-2009 at 02:37 PM.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 05:05 PM

Dark Red is the best color

Sure sucks that they are only going to put ABS on the Black bike, I really want ABS on my next bike but I wont ride a Black bike, too close to hearse colors for me.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 05:08 PM

I think black is definetly the worst looking color.... I'm surprised they wouldn't offer ABS on the other colors. The red, blue and special edition all look great!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 01:14 AM

RAKED OUT, Im with you I didnt like the dark red at first, but its growing on me!...Nice review BTW!

2010 SE
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlviper View Post
I think black is definetly the worst looking color.... I'm surprised they wouldn't offer ABS on the other colors. The red, blue and special edition all look great!
I think black is the best colour for a bike...in fact the more black on a bike the better...but that's just me.

As far as the review goes...it seems fairly positive. I'd would have liked Honda to have gone with a belt drive instead of the shaft...I know it would have been their only bike with such...but it would have been far more appealing to riders. The liquid cool is not a problem cuz they disguised it very well and it serves a purpose as does the fuel injection. The rear tire needs more meat for sure...not sure how easy if at all to add a wider tire. The 1300 motor is alright ... If this bike sells well they might design another chopper for their 1800 motor...but we would be closer to twenty grand I'm sure.
The complaints about the poor welds is a slight concern..hopefully it's only cosmetic and they fix it.

Last edited by Kool; 02-28-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: adding more stuff
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 PM

Here's another review by Motorcycle USA .com

2010 Honda Fury First Ride - Motorcycle USA

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool View Post
Here's another review by Motorcycle USA .com

2010 Honda Fury First Ride - Motorcycle USA

All I see is a lot of potential in Angela and the Fury...
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlviper View Post
Silly fat tires???? lol

I think a fatter rear tire might be one of my first mods!!!
To each his own.

"But Big Redís chopper is remarkably balanced and agile for a bike with the longest wheelbase (71.2 inches) of any Honda ever created. A moderately fat 200mm rear tire doesnít make the bike reluctant to turn like a silly-fat tire does, and the bike exhibits nearly zero front-end flop that is present at low speeds on many other raked-out cruisers. Even feet-up, full-lock U-turns on a two-lane road donít present much of a challenge.

Indeed, the Fury generally functions as a proper motorcycle"

That last sentence REALLY seals the deal for me. A proper handling motorcycle with looks of a chopper are hard to come by. I'll keep the 200mm rear tire, thanks........

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode