3Likes
  • 2 Post By krashDH
  • 1 Post By MrWagner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Air intake+Adapter, Seat

Hey all,

Looking around for an air cleaner/intake and mount, and a new seat for my bike. Before I go pay retail I wanted to check here!

MrWagner - 2016 Honda Fury - Matte Grey (No ABS)
| Cobra Swept Exhaust | Daymaker Headlight | Cannella Risers | Refined Cycle Extended Controls |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWagner View Post
Hey all,

Looking around for an air cleaner/intake and mount, and a new seat for my bike. Before I go pay retail I wanted to check here!
Depending on what air intake style you want, you can easily convert an HD or VTX spike to work with our bikes. The Accutronix one is nice but it's $$$ and you can mod an intake for close to nothing.

Here's WAGunner's writeup on how to modify a sportster air intake. I will be doing something kind of similar in the future (I purchased everything already)

https://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...r-cleaner.html

I'm going to use this cleaner because it's a bit lower profile than what I have now and it will work better having more room with forward controls on. I kind of have to wrap my leg "around" my spike intake to get the brake peg. Not a deal killer, but time to change it up. Plus, I think the clear cover exposing the throttle body butterfly will look sick:

If you're interested in modifying a VTX spike intake for $50-something, this is my write up:

https://www.furyforums.com/forum/hon...-write-up.html
WI_Hedgehog and MrWagner like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashDH View Post
Depending on what air intake style you want, you can easily convert an HD or VTX spike to work with our bikes. The Accutronix one is nice but it's $$$ and you can mod an intake for close to nothing.

Here's WAGunner's writeup on how to modify a sportster air intake. I will be doing something kind of similar in the future (I purchased everything already)

https://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...r-cleaner.html

I'm going to use this cleaner because it's a bit lower profile than what I have now and it will work better having more room with forward controls on. I kind of have to wrap my leg "around" my spike intake to get the brake peg. Not a deal killer, but time to change it up. Plus, I think the clear cover exposing the throttle body butterfly will look sick:

If you're interested in modifying a VTX spike intake for $50-something, this is my write up:

https://www.furyforums.com/forum/hon...-write-up.html
Thats very good info, and normally I would be all for that. I'm looking at https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=215774 if i buy retail. 300 comes with all the mounting. I've got so much to do on my bike with not enough time to do it all. So i'd rather pay a bit more if possible to get something much quicker to 'bolt on' per say.

| Cobra Swept Exhaust | Daymaker Headlight | Cannella Risers | Refined Cycle Extended Controls |

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWagner View Post
....I've got so much to do on my bike with not enough time to do it all. So i'd rather pay a bit more if possible to get something much quicker to 'bolt on' per say.
Other members told me and I'll pass it along: It's better to go slow. Do one thing at a time, and take your time.

It's great advice.
- If three things are changed and something goes wrong, it's a bugger to figure out the cause.
- If you rush and chip the paint: Sux.
- Find something way better as you're working on modification #1 and already own the parts for mod #2: Sux.
- Realize Y would work better than X, and X is sitting on the shelf in a box: Sux.
- Concentrating on mods 1, 2, 3 and forget how things go back together: Sux.

Do as you will, just passing along advice several members gave me.

-Sir Ironass
(Fury Nation map)(msg BakoFury your zipcode for add)
(Ginz Choppers - excellent service & prices)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Hedgehog View Post
Other members told me and I'll pass it along: It's better to go slow. Do one thing at a time, and take your time.

It's great advice.
- If three things are changed and something goes wrong, it's a bugger to figure out the cause.
- If you rush and chip the paint: Sux.
- Find something way better as you're working on modification #1 and already own the parts for mod #2: Sux.
- Realize Y would work better than X, and X is sitting on the shelf in a box: Sux.
- Concentrating on mods 1, 2, 3 and forget how things go back together: Sux.

Do as you will, just passing along advice several members gave me.
So far everything i've gotten has been for comfort (sans my exhaust). Extended forward controls, Lighting, etc. I completely understand what you're saying, but its things I genuinely need/want.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode