New Member, New Fury, New to Riding! - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:28 AM

Garage
First off, welcome from Denver. Second off, there has been no change between the years of Fury other than the color offered and the presence of the passenger pillion. Third, search is indeed your friend. If you can weld, or know someone that can, I do know that @Señor Gar posted a modification to the stock from controls that give you more room and costs a LOT less than replacement...

Ride safe and keep looking and asking your questions!
WI_Hedgehog likes this.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Septuagenarian Rider

Location: West End of the 49th Parallel on a US 2010 CBS/ABS Fury
If you don't weld you can do the cutting and finishing yourself, then take it to a fabrication shop.
Should take less than ½ an hour to weld the three pieces.

TurcoLoco and WI_Hedgehog like this.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:44 PM

Welcome from California, hope all is well. Some of the websites that have helped me find items for my bike are meancycles and xchoppers. 1) from what i read on her you wont be able to get the piece in chrome unless your extremely luck and someone sells theirs (no one sells their chrome. A lot of chrome lovers here haha) 2 and 3) not too sure. 4) you can try senor gar method ( down the road i think i might give it a crack) or refinedcycles has the forwards for around $430, cheaper than accountrix (yes thats spelled wrong) which are around $900. 5 and 6) i would look at meancycles or xchoppers 7) slk and smokyn tire garage have VERY nice pipes. 😎 i have that bar on my bike and i love it. Its bright and makes the bike look sleek. What i did tho was get it from amazon and got the warranty because some reviews said that leds would go out. My only complain about them is its not sitting flush with the fender. There is about a little more than 1/8 gap. I plan on getting a dremel and shaving of an area on the light brack that would allow me to move to light up to sit flush. Not too big of an issue.

One suggestion that i have is to purchase canella risers. You will not regret it. Im 6'4 as well and was able to reach the bars just fine. But with the risers its def a better riding exp. I cant lie i didnt think that little bit of rise and back would make a difference but i was def wrong. Hope this helped. Theres a lot of good reading on this forum and knowledgeable/helpful people.
WI_Hedgehog and MrWagner like this.

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
First off, welcome from Denver. Second off, there has been no change between the years of Fury other than the color offered and the presence of the passenger pillion. Third, search is indeed your friend. If you can weld, or know someone that can, I do know that @Señor Gar posted a modification to the stock from controls that give you more room and costs a LOT less than replacement...

Ride safe and keep looking and asking your questions!
There has been one change, and that's the orientation of the fuel filter in the pump. But the newer bikes (post 2012) come with it stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Gar View Post
If you don't weld you can do the cutting and finishing yourself, then take it to a fabrication shop.
Should take less than ½ an hour to weld the three pieces.

Lol Gar, I hate to admit, but I just bought the Refined Cycle Fwd Controls last night. I have too many projects right now.

I ALMOST started designing a system to use our 3D titanium printer..
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Septuagenarian Rider

Location: West End of the 49th Parallel on a US 2010 CBS/ABS Fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashDH View Post
Lol Gar, I hate to admit, but I just bought the Refined Cycle Fwd Controls last night. I have too many projects right now.
Talk about lame excuses; you've had three years to git 'er done

Hope you have time to do a write up and pics of your new Refined Cycle Fwd Controls
TurcoLoco and MrWagner like this.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:50 PM

Cool

There's stock and then there's custom. Your choice in creativity, time and funds available!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-honda-fury-white-wallpaper-3.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	220768   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1356.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	220770  

2013 Blacked out Red with Metzeler 880's!/"V"design license plate frame/chrome oil dipstick/black reflective rim strips/Spiegler brake lines/Vesrah Brake Pads/Honda cycle cover/Corbin King Queen seat/EarthX battery/xenondepot.com H4 LED/Glen's CPR mod/EarthX ETX36C/VN Custom fairing/MotoGateway backrest/luggage rack/ME 888's F & R/ASV levers. I like my reflectors!

Last edited by paul13131313; 05-04-2019 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Correct spelling.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Gar View Post
Talk about lame excuses; you've had three years to git 'er done

Hope you have time to do a write up and pics of your new Refined Cycle Fwd Controls
Yeah I'll do a write up of them, probably not an installation write up though because he has a pretty detailed PDF of how they install, but we'll see.

My seat and new air can are going to take up my time, plus I'm working on another retrofit for some headlights, as well I need to service my forks.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you everyone so far!

1. Still have not found chrome cover's, in talks with a few salvage yards to keep an eye out for fury's that come in
2. After spending quite a bit of time I've decided to keep the stock bars but go with a Cannela Riser (3") thanks to @xSL×
3. Looking into a 250 or 260 rear, still doing out some pricing but found a few places that would do at least the fab work for around 500 if i supply the swing arm, which i found one used for 50$
4. Decided on RefinedCycles for my controls, thanks for the suggestion @xSL×
5. Got my swing arm bag from AliExpress for 20$ (80-100 on amazon/ebay). And got the bracket.
6. I'm not going to go with a bigger rake, my city has very small turns at low speeds and would rather avoid the extra headache of trying to turn a monster :3
7. I did get a chrome cobra exhaust, and put it on myself! I couldn't get to 1 bolt though, so i took it to a HD dealership near me, the guys tightened it down and checked for leaks for free just for a chance to ride it, i was bent-over laughing. Didnt expect the response! Also goodness me this REALLY changes the bike, i'd recommend 100%
8. Still not sure about break lights/turn signals. I did buy some rake clip signals (LED strips) from Aliexpress for 3$ (60+ on ebay/amazon) but have not got them in. I also got a daymaker headlight on Aliexpress for 17$ (60-80 on ebay/amazon)

I do have a few additional questions that i wasnt able to find much on the forums (Or what is there is from 2011, and outdated)

1. Is there any other good options for C&C seats?
2. Patches/Clothing branded Fury Nation? (I know a lot of members used to do them but looks like non are around anymore)
3. Selling old stock parts, should i keep them? Are they worth much (for the hassle)?
4. Air intake/Performance chip, i see a lot of stuff from cobra among other brands. Is there a 'sweet spot' price to performance? I've also seen a lot of talks about some saying you need them some saying you dont (In regards to after-market pipes)
5. https://www.slk-customs.com/product-...pan-chin-scoop Do these come up for purchase anywhere often? I really dig the lines, but after 3 or 4 days of searching i'm finding none available.

Again thanks for everyone who responded! Once i get a bit more done on the bike i'll post some pictures. I've been riding furiously since i got it April 30th. Already put almost 350 miles on it.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:25 PM

1. Chrome covers: AutoZone round mirrors.

3. 250 or 260 rear will make it turn kind of sluggishly. You'll roll it over and go straight until you turn "too much."

6. Rake: Use trail braking and stay in the friction zone. Turning with 8° triple-trees with a 260 tire can be done very slow and tight via this method which admittedly takes a few hours practice.

8. Break lights/turn signals can be adapted from Harley options if used with fender stiffeners.

-----

1. C&C seats: Ginz Choppers (in my signature).

3. Old stock parts are traded here for shipping costs, they'll fetch a few pesos on eBay. Most keep them until another member needs them,

4. Performance "chip:" See the Holy Grail thread. I've run both Ken & Don's tune and the baddest PC5 tune: PC5 has slightly more power but for street use you want "The Holy Grail"--it's way more street (and fuel) friendly.
TurcoLoco and MrWagner like this.

-Sir Ironass
(Fury Nation map)(msg BakoFury your zipcode for add)
(Ginz Choppers - excellent service & prices)
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Hedgehog View Post
1. Chrome covers: AutoZone round mirrors.

3. 250 or 260 rear will make it turn kind of sluggishly. You'll roll it over and go straight until you turn "too much."

6. Rake: Use trail braking and stay in the friction zone. Turning with 8° triple-trees with a 260 tire can be done very slow and tight via this method which admittedly takes a few hours practice.

8. Break lights/turn signals can be adapted from Harley options if used with fender stiffeners.

-----

1. C&C seats: Ginz Choppers (in my signature).

3. Old stock parts are traded here for shipping costs, they'll fetch a few pesos on eBay. Most keep them until another member needs them,

4. Performance "chip:" See the Holy Grail thread. I've run both Ken & Don's tune and the baddest PC5 tune: PC5 has slightly more power but for street use you want "The Holy Grail"--it's way more street (and fuel) friendly.
1. Not seeing any seats over at Ginz, though i do like the Fury Nation sissy bar inserts, i may buy them for other uses (since i dont use sissy bar)
3. Oh, sure! That sounds perfect. I'd rather them go to a good home than collect dust in my basement.
4. I did see the Holy Grail thread, but was concerned with a few things. 1 being high octane fuel requirement. And 2 getting to the ECU to pull it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode