New Member, New Fury, New to Riding! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New Member, New Fury, New to Riding!

Hello everyone,

Just bought my first bike last night, so i'm very very new and may ask stupid questions! I got a 2016 Honda Fury (Non ABS), Matte Grey color. Fell in love with the fit (I'm 6'4" so it fits me quite well). In searching for some parts items i came across the forum, scouring after a while i figured i'd join up!

Anyway, i'm not sure if this is the specific spot to ask some parts questions, if its not let me know. Never the less I'm having trouble with some items and I need some feedback if its at all possible.

1. Looking for a chrome cover for the black Honda 'triangle' that's behind the engine under the seat on either side, not sure if previous years fit or what it would be called so i can search for it.
2. Is there a good location to find replacement handlebars/gauge that are chrome instead of black?
3. I'm looking to do a 240 or 260 in the back in the future. Is there someone here that does them so i can support a user here instead of out-sourcing to somewhere
4. Looking for forward controls/highway bar suggestions.
5. Swing Arm Bag mount/bag suggestions. I did see where users were having problems getting orders fulfilled from some websites but they were older threads.
6. 8 degree rake, extensions I see a lot of people are interested in these, what would it actually do for a bike other than let you put a bigger tire on it? (More in regards to feel/handling/etc)
7. Cobra Exhaust, I see this more than anything, i like that its out of the way like stock pipes. Is there any better options anyone would recommend? The least expensive I've found are 553$ with shipping
8. I'm really interested in https://tinyurl.com/yy2567p3 on ebay, but i'm not sure how bright it really is, and was looking for some feedback maybe from someone that has one.

Hopefully i'm not asking too much! And i appreciate the time and effort anyone spends to answer and help.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:06 AM

Garage
Whoa... slow down there big fella! Geez! Love the enthusiasm! Welcome aboard! All of your questions have answers here on the forum... use the search bar above and all will be revealed ! There are lots of resources and choices and you will find ALOT of experience and technical expertise among the members here. You will also find a bit of humor and snarky comebacks, so don't be sensitive! Start by posting some picks of the new ride and enjoy getting to know it. Be safe. Again.... Welcome aboard!

2010 FURY... Rear spring mod (thanx to Bill !) and Guhl-flashed (Jan 2018), Black (the fastest color), Spiegler brake line, 2" fork extension, Cannella kickstand, Low&Mean scoop, LED lights, modified stock airbox, C&C Sport Tour seat, EarthX ETX36C Battery
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillzz View Post
Whoa... slow down there big fella! Geez! Love the enthusiasm! Welcome aboard! All of your questions have answers here on the forum... use the search bar above and all will be revealed ! There are lots of resources and choices and you will find ALOT of experience and technical expertise among the members here. You will also find a bit of humor and snarky comebacks, so don't be sensitive! Start by posting some picks of the new ride and enjoy getting to know it. Be safe. Again.... Welcome aboard!
Hah! Snark is a dish best served cold, in my opinion. But yes, I've been using the search but finding some information to be years old and nothing recent. And not sure on some parts if its different from my generation fury to the previous generation (If that at all matters). I'll be picking up the bike in 2 weeks so i'll be sure to post some pictures then. Thanks for the welcome!
Hillzz and WI_Hedgehog like this.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWagner View Post
Hah! Snark is a dish best served cold, in my opinion. But yes, I've been using the search but finding some information to be years old and nothing recent. And not sure on some parts if its different from my generation fury to the previous generation (If that at all matters). I'll be picking up the bike in 2 weeks so i'll be sure to post some pictures then. Thanks for the welcome!
Any suggestions you read about are as relevant as they were when first posted, ie.. no changes between model years that would be relevant to what your looking to do

re: Swingarm Bag: im very happy with the Willie & Max swingarm bag mounted with heavy duty zip ties ad a soft pad between it and the swingarm as well as a few strategic holes drilled for mounting. I think i bought off of eBay years back for around $70
Hillzz, TurcoLoco and WI_Hedgehog like this.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:07 PM

Garage
Welcome from Virginia. Home of ( Lets tear it all to pieces and build it the way we want it.) Enjoy and ride Safe.
donzi18, Hillzz, TurcoLoco and 1 others like this.

Salty Hog was here on his Springer Fury and still here.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tknj99 View Post
Any suggestions you read about are as relevant as they were when first posted, ie.. no changes between model years that would be relevant to what your looking to do

re: Swingarm Bag: im very happy with the Willie & Max swingarm bag mounted with heavy duty zip ties ad a soft pad between it and the swingarm as well as a few strategic holes drilled for mounting. I think i bought off of eBay years back for around $70
Those do look really nice, while i didn't one specifically it did help my search. Ended up Getting the bag i wanted for 20$ on Ali Express (was 90 on amazon) Thanks for the suggestion!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:12 PM

Welcome from Wisconsin!

Best advice I got was to go slow. Find out what "needs" to be changed out and start there. It's different from other bikes...

No real changes from 2009, other than the colors/chromed area and a few passenger parts were removed. Some things may not be available any longer, otherwise you'll see what a few members have come up with and are selling. Simply use

Tools > Advanced Search
By: Subject
Reulsts: Threads

and type in 1 or 2 key words.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WI_lakes.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	508.9 KB
ID:	220300  
TheBeard likes this.

-Sir Ironass
(Fury Nation map)(msg BakoFury your zipcode for add)
(Ginz Choppers - excellent service & prices)
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:21 PM

Welcome to the forum from Greenbush Michigan where our town is so small you have to go to the next town over to find 2nd street!
Ride Safe and enjoy the wonderful world of Fury.
Kbuskill and WI_Hedgehog like this.

If everything seems to be under control
You're not going fast enough!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:47 PM

Welcome from N.E. FL.

Ride safe.

(Grandmaster of the Re-Flash Posse)
High Performance ECU Reflash Thread
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:17 PM

Cool

Welcome MrWagner,
Enjoy the bike and forum.
Suggest Honda Fury Faq.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.

2013 Blacked out Red with Metzeler 880's!/"V"design license plate frame/chrome oil dipstick/black reflective rim strips/Spiegler brake lines/Vesrah Brake Pads/Honda cycle cover/Corbin King Queen seat/EarthX battery/xenondepot.com H4 LED/Glen's CPR mod/EarthX ETX36C/VN Custom fairing/MotoGateway backrest/luggage rack/ME 888's F & R/ASV levers. I like my reflectors!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode