Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my forum search ineptitude... try as I might, I could not find the thread(s) that discussed the settings on the FI 2000, the one that mentioned going 2-3-3 in particular. I saw it a ways back, and now that I am getting ready to install my AM stuff, I wanted to get the current POVs.

FYI - I am installing the Cobra swept pipes, powrflo intake, and FI 2000.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
If I were you, I'd start on the factory setting of 1-2-0. Since you will be installing the PowrFlo, you will probably need to bump those up. After I got my intake on, I messed with the settings and finally I set mine up one notch each to 2-3-1 and it runs great. Others have adjusted theirs differently. Maybe you want to see what BarFury has his set at. He has some kind of gauge set up on his bike that tells him if he has a good fuel/air mixture. I'm not sure, but I think his is 1-2-2. 2-3-3 sounds a bit high to me.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
swepts and a spike 1 2 2.is a good setting.most are starting with that setting.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I had 1-2-2 with Cobra Swepts w/o baffles and Spike intake and Pair Valve covers ... but my MPG went down a little.

I've since backed it to 1-2-1 and notice no power issue or idle issue ... I'll know the MPG change, if any, after this weekend.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
settings will differ acording to the equipment and altitudes.they may need tweeking here and there but they will be close.most times FI will take care of the altitude problems,but mine gets a lot better mpg in the mountains for some reason.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
does using high-test vs regular gas affect any of these types of settings?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts

On the way down I bet.
i've been using high-test for the past few months--the engine sounds and responds nicely.
i can't quantify it more than that.
jeez, for 20Cents/gallon more X2-3 gallons per fillup, it's not a tough call.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
1-2-2 is everything you need, period. And high-test is a waste of bucks at our state-of-tune. FWIW...........................

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
1-2-2 is everything you need, period. And high-test is a waste of bucks at our state-of-tune. FWIW...........................

Cheers
Always listen to Bar...He's the man that knows! I listen and my bike runs great! Thanks Bar for the advise you gave me on FC's about a year or more ago! :):)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Please excuse my forum search ineptitude... try as I might, I could not find the thread(s) that discussed the settings on the FI 2000, the one that mentioned going 2-3-3 in particular. I saw it a ways back, and now that I am getting ready to install my AM stuff, I wanted to get the current POVs.

FYI - I am installing the Cobra swept pipes, powrflo intake, and FI 2000.
I have the Cobra swept pipes, powrflo intake, and FI 2000 I fine the setting to be best setting 1-2-2. I did have its higher when I first installed it but it blew black smoke. You know that is running rich .

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
I believe it has been determined that high test is a big no no.
I did't know that, I guess I will be useing low test from now on.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
1st with the PowrFlo
Viper 2s
Fi2000 with the settings of 2s across the board

Soon to have E3 plugs.

BTW i checked the plugs last weekend and they were ever so slightly rich, which the E3s should balance out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts