Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Yes brother

· Registered
2011 Fury
1,308 Posts
First things first, pull the left side cover and check the linkage, take a look at the final drive oil. I’ll say this; when I’m loafing on the clutch/throttle sometimes mine will clunk ibto second. i figure with mine i didnt get the RPM up enough or let clutch out too fast.

· Registered
13,070 Posts
I don't know about the clunk shifting up, but I do know that if you're going too fast when downshifting, there will be a terrible clunk, even with the clutch lever pulled all the way in. You have to wait until the bike is going slower when down shifting into the lower gears.

This should be common knowledge, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

· Registered
779 Posts
I don't know about the clunk shifting up, but I do know that if you're going to fast when downshifting, there will be a terrible clunk, even with the clutch lever pulled all the way in. You have to wait until the bike is going slower when down shifting into the lower gears.

This should be common knowledge, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
Thank you for that bit of wisdom

· Registered
1,594 Posts
When changing gear from first gear to second gear and the opposite also , a loud sound is heard. Is this normal?
This is one of those things that you learn as you get used to your bike. There is an ideal RPM range that the bike likes when up/down shifting. Mine will do the same thing if I "get on it" . Don't worry, it's fine.

· Registered
13,070 Posts
This is one of those things that you learn as you get used to your bike. There is an ideal RPM range that the bike likes when up/down shifting. Mine will do the same thing if I "get on it" . Don't worry, it's fine.
I only use first gear to get rolling and quickly shift to second. I love second gear for really getting on it and then blasting into third.

· Registered
259 Posts
Thank you very much all for your help and your advice 🌹
I just bought the bike still i am not used to it
Mine does it. Gave it to a shop I use & told them to find the ‘clunk’ ..they rode it & heard it & then opened everything that could create the sound & told me it was all perfect & there were no issues. So as people here told me, it’s most likely in my case to be the torque arm & to ignore it which I do. On my Fury it’s like a hard bit of wood hitting the rear hub type of sound for what it’s worth

· Registered
720 Posts
Mine does it. Gave it to a shop I use & told them to find the ‘clunk’ ..they rode it & heard it & then opened everything that could create the sound & told me it was all perfect & there were no issues. So as people here told me, it’s most likely in my case to be the torque arm & to ignore it which I do. On my Fury it’s like a hard bit of wood hitting the rear hub type of sound for what it’s worth
Shaft drive

1 - 20 of 20 Posts