Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are working on a external fuel tank for the Honda Fury, but before we invest in manufacturing this product, we need some feedback on function vs. cost.
Currently the Honda Fury goes 120-140 miles from the 3.4 gallon tank which is average is 38 miles to the gallon. If you could get another gallon of gas which would give you a range of approx 170 miles. Would you spend $300 for this bolt on kit?
For us this product has been a toss up and for some it might be worth it. We just need some feed back to decide if we will invest in this product or not. How bad do you need improved mileage range out of your Fury?
Thank you all for your support, we are proud Fury owners and are excited to build more product.
LM

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
But your selling your Fury, someone sayed you were going into Vespa mods??

·
Banned
622 Posts
if it was like 100 to 150 i could see it but 300 a little much just to not stop at a station a little sooner ...great idea just may not be worth the cost for all the intowners we have riding in the forum

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But your selling your Fury, someone sayed you were going into Vespa mods??
Yep we sold our Fury, but we have few more on the way.

As for the Vespa comment... Seadawg, he just wants us for our parts not our mind.

LM

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I like having to stop every hour. Keeps my butt from falling asleep! :D
T
I with you on this one. In fact, I live in wide-open Nevada, but I absolutely refuse to ride for more than 100 miles without stopping for a break, and even out here you can always find a station within 100 miles.

Cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the idea of an external tank, but would have to weigh what it looked like on the bike against the cost. now if it was integrated into the duel air filter set up, i would buy it. Use the extra space behind the filter where the shitty tool box was. I would be first in line to get one.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the idea of an external tank, but would have to weigh what it looked like on the bike against the cost. now if it was integrated into the duel air filter set up, i would buy it. Use the extra space behind the filter where the shitty tool box was. I would be first in line to get one.
You will not see it behind the motor, under the swing arm. If your slightly interested then email us at [email protected] "External fuel tank"

LM

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I'm good the way it is.... but I say any option of the Fury is a good option.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm good the way it is.... but I say any option of the Fury is a good option.
I totally agree with this. And even more I give L&M much credit for coming up with creative mods that will revolutionize and personalize the fury.

That being said, I wouldn't purchase this for reasons stated by others. I enjoy stopping about every 100 miles, I need to get my attention fix! I love having people crowding around and asking questions about my sick whip. (also by that point I'm dying for a smoke!)

On the other hand don't forget about the basics. Am I the only one who is disappointed by the selection of pipes for the fury? IMO it seems like there are really only two really nice sets of pipes to choose from (cobra swepts and morton infernos). Even in my metric cruiser aftermarket catalog, I think I've gotten around 6 new updated catalogs since the fury was released and still the only pipes you can purchase from them is the cobra swepts.

(All bitching aside, I am in love with the infernos. So even at this point if new pipes came out I'd still probably go for the infernos!)

·
Registered
364 Posts
i think if the tank was easily attachable and removable, didn't detract from the lines of the bike, and was a reasonable price (i agree with the $100-$150 range) it would be worth it. i plan on taking some longer trips in the near future an providing my butt doesn't go numb within the first 50 miles i would like to not have to stop every hour and a half. i think it's a great idea, but if the price, design, and usability aren't there it wouldn't be worth it to me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
This is something I would be interested in if it looks right, functions well, and the price is right. I have coasted in to station on fumes and I hate holding back the other guys in the club because I can't go risk going a full 100-120miles sometimes depending on the wind and our speed. Ethanol enriched fuel makes it even worse.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's a great idea, but i would have to see it in place before deciding on it. Holding a gallon jug of water in my hand.....kinda hard to figure out where to hide that ammount of volume on the bike.

Also as other have said 300 might be a bit steep for the extra 50 miles of range.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wouldnt be buying this, the current range of the bike is fine with me.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
That being said, I wouldn't purchase this for reasons stated by others. I enjoy stopping about every 100 miles, I need to get my attention fix! I love having people crowding around and asking questions about my sick whip. (also by that point I'm dying for a smoke!)
2 smokes for me :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
First off... I would love an extra gallon of gas!!!
However why go to the trouble of a separate unit? L&M already makes a rear fender for the bike... why not take a page out of Ron Finch's play-book (who's been putting tanks in the rear fender of bikes since 1965... see: Finchs Custom Styled Cycles ) and integrate it in a fender... Seems to me that it would accomplish the objective & provide an additional reason (other than just appearance) for Fury riders to invest in an L&M fender... plus, the additional cost/charge to manufacture/produce such a fender tank should be for considerably less than the $300 for a stand-alone unit... Just my idle thoughts...

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I like the idea.
I also agree with most folks who state that frequent stopping is necessary; I'm not as tough as you guys, though.
I stop for a quick stretch every 50-60 miles out of respect for my back!

gas stops every 120 miles are ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts