Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yeah, I watched the Myth Busters on tailgate too. Interesting stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I watched the Myth Busters on tailgate too. Interesting stuff!
I guess engineers really do test things like aerodynamics and drag:p:p:p

A ton of work goes into, not only assembling a car or truck but the testing that further needs to be done before they ever hit the street...

The company I work for has spent 1 million on one proto-type Glycol Rec. units in the past before one is ever sold or works in the field. Massive R&D:D, beta units and man hours its good stuff!:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have driven a volkswagon bus 2-3 feet off the end of a semi at 75mph with the foot off the gas. spooky as all get out but it does work...:eek:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Please, for the love of God .. please do not do this. As a truck driver i dont need the head ache and wonder if you dont see you where the hell are you. Sure, it will save you some fuel, but if i hit my brakes your gonna pay the price, not me.

Remember, if you cant see my mirrors, i cant see you.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Please, for the love of God .. please do not do this. As a truck driver i dont need the head ache and wonder if you dont see you where the hell are you. Sure, it will save you some fuel, but if i hit my brakes your gonna pay the price, not me.

Remember, if you cant see my mirrors, i cant see you.
I agree!
This was just a myth being tested Im in no way an advocate of such activities or driving like a knuckle head!

They did actual test at NASA I think in the wind tunnel with scaled down models and smoke ect...I cant remember it all...

Safe travels over the road CBS!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I agree!
This was just a myth being tested Im in no way an advocate of such activities or driving like a knuckle head!

Safe travels over the road CBS!
My travels dont take me over the road. When i was driving a rig it was always local. I needed a place to call home, and a decent sized bed to sleep in. I still drive, but now its local here in Queens NY. So i still have to deal with knuckle heads of all kinds.

Thanks for the safe wishes .. ill take anything i can get driving here in NYC.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yes IM also A truck driver, and please for your safety dont do it, or you could get hurt or killed. if i cant see you, then your not there. and if your not there and i you are there then something thats four times bigger then you is going to win. and im not going to really feel it when i crush you. all im going to feel is a bump and a tug. and to me thats the feeling of a pot hole. so please be smart and stay away from the back of semi trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
yes IM also A truck driver, and please for your safety dont do it, or you could get hurt or killed. if i cant see you, then your not there. and if your not there and i you are there then something thats four times bigger then you is going to win. and im not going to really feel it when i crush you. all im going to feel is a bump and a tug. and to me thats the feeling of a pot hole. so please be smart and stay away from the back of semi trucks.
+ 1,I couldn't agree more.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Once again guys
I agree!

They did actual test at NASA I think in the wind tunnel with scaled down models and smoke ect...I cant remember it all...

Safe travels to all the Fury truckers out there!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
+ 1,I couldn't agree more.
Once again guys
I agree!

Safe travels to all the Fury truckers out there!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
My travels dont take me over the road. When i was driving a rig it was always local. I needed a place to call home, and a decent sized bed to sleep in. I still drive, but now its local here in Queens NY. So i still have to deal with knuckle heads of all kinds.

Thanks for the safe wishes .. ill take anything i can get driving here in NYC.
I have been driving OTR (over the road, for non-truckers) quite a number of years, and driving anywhere around NYC area is definitely low on my list of fun things to do!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I have been driving OTR (over the road, for non-truckers) quite a number of years, and driving anywhere around NYC area is definitely low on my list of fun things to do!
Good thing, as tolls here have gone up at least $4 just for cars over the past year or so. I can only imagine how much they have gone up for commercial vehicles.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
speaking of safety, i wore the half helmet with eyeshade and was able to yell at a lady as she crowded me into the I-95 exit. Can't be heard with my full face helmet.

Oh , and she yelled back that she wasn't crowding me--and proceeded to stay right next to me the whole way onto the "I".

I love peoples. they make me want to move to a deserted island.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
speaking of safety, i wore the half helmet with eyeshade and was able to yell at a lady as she crowded me into the I-95 exit. Can't be heard with my full face helmet.

Oh , and she yelled back that she wasn't crowding me--and proceeded to stay right next to me the whole way onto the "I".

Might of had to kick off her side view mirror to demonstrate how close she was :D

For tailgaters, a pocket full of pebbles flicked over my shoulder seems to back them off

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Might of had to kick off her side view mirror to demonstrate how close she was :D

For tailgaters, a pocket full of pebbles flicked over my shoulder seems to back them off
omg, that's brilliant!;)

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Sooo funny, as long as she didnt bump ya WHILE FLAPPING HER GUMS that is! Peolpe CANT SAY SORRY ANYMORE AND MOVE ON EVERYONE HAS TO BUMP THE GUMS OVER AND OVER, I just tell them "YOU CANT FIX STUPID can ya"????
I knew a guy who drops pennies out the window on tailgaters, I told him he was a TOOL for that!:mad:
In Chicago we have THE WORST DRIVERS NO REGARD FOR ANYONE but themselves here, its Mad MAx here on I-55 or 294 tollways 90-100 mph is normal in our FAST LANES oh thats the slow lane here(far right)! Just nuts!:D:cool:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I knew a guy who drops pennies out the window on tailgaters, I told him he was a TOOL for that!:mad:
QUOTE]

If I'm in a car, I just slow down to a crawl to really piss them off, unless of course I'm in the wrong and then I move over, but if I'm doing over the limit in the fast lane and actively passing people or cannot get over, get off my ass.

Of course on a bike, that tactic is waaaayyyy to dangerous. So I flip pebbles over my shoulder. A few of those on the car's hood/windshield and they back off. I'm not talking huge rocks, more like the size that could be kicked up off the road by the car in front of me.

The TOOL is the prick behind me that thinks him/her getting to their destination a few minutes earlier is worth risking my life and my family's livelihood.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts