Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got one I would like to get $12,000 out of. any resonable offer entertained

Cobra chrome Swept pipes, Honda Sissy bar and pad (painted matte black), license relocated, home made smoke lenses.

770'ish miles.

I just bought it friday, not quite as peppy as I was hoping. I'm the second owner, original did all mods.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
First off, what aren't you happy about... secondly, seriously... 3 days and you give it up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it like this. . .

I traded my ZX-14 Ninja for the Fury. I love the looks of the fury, has tons of mod potential, rides nice, handles well, nothing to complain about except, to me a lack of power. . . .

I realize I will never find a cruiser with the performance of the Ninja, but I have ridden some that will just throw you back when you rip on it. Honestly my Venture pulls harder then the Fury, its a 300lb heavier bike and smaller engine.

I guess I'm just not that pleased with the power aspect, I already have major plans for the fury in the event I keep it, but none include swapping the motor out to a bigger one, :).

I feel there are more people out there that could enjoy the Fury for what it is, if I can help that happen and not get too real hurt in the process I would be happy to.

HTH

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
It's the ratio from the EEPROM that gives it that lack luster feel to it, the engine is plenty strong, Honda wanted to give it that laid back feeling though... Couple simple mods will allow you to really feel the bike. The bike does 0-60 @ 5.2 with no mods to it and probably somewhere around 4.5 after an air intake, those pipes of yours and a good fuel controller, so it is not all that bad. But, yea... comparing it to a sports bike?... Weren't you able to test drive it first? Just curious...

Well, maybe you'll make somebody happy in the course of things.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Did the original owner take the baffles out of the pipes? Is there a fuel processor? Something sounds wrong here.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
OK, now I get it, the Venture has a Magna engine, 97hp.

Should have test driven it more. It is what it is, a 1300cc 56hp v-twin chopper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I realize it is my fault, I'm not really wanting to put a whole lot of money into it, i.e. intake/fuel processor.

I did test ride and I like the ride, thought I could deal with lack of power, but on my commute to work, I have 3 miles of interstate, and merging can be treacherous sometimes.

I am not sure about the baffles, it is only mildly loud, so I would have to guess they are still in.

Thanks for all the input, I still think it would serve someone else better than me.
Chris

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
There are many that are not happy with the power. Me included. But are you looking to see how fast you can go 0 to 60 or looking to ride. If your not racing there is plenty of power there IMO.
But I know what you mean. It is ashame to have this beautiful bike and not have something like 90hp. If you end up keeping the bike you could always get the bore kit. I plan on adding the bore kit to my other mods to increase power. It's been awhile since the thread came up but I believe the bore kit with intake, exhaust and fuel controller added 18 or 19 hp. And that your gonna feel on a 56hp bike.
But to bad we cant just buy it that way.
I also noticed no aftermarket intake on you mod list. A member just did a dyno test a couple weeks ago and just changing the intake he gained 3hp.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Hear you loud and clear... just an FYI

You'll have plenty of merging power... I have a daily commute of 25 miles everyday (50 round trip), most of it highway... 26,700 miles and counting. There has never been a situation where I couldn't merge if I wanted too... Even without downshifting.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I didn't mean to come off as harsh... After reading my post it sounds that way.

My initial reaction was that something was off on the bike. But after realizing that the Venture has a Magna engine, I understand the issue. If that's the power you're used to and expecting from a 1300cc engine, the Fury ain't it. Even a 1900cc Raider is short of that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i came of a zx 636 to a fury and i was hating life with the power my fury had but i kept it for what the fury is a reliable chopper. I to want more power and a new seat , so any tips will be great .

·
Registered
87 Posts
To the OP, I would give the fury a chance before you rush off and sell it. I spent a little over 8yrs on rockets and had an 08 1000rr when added the fury to the stable as a second bike. I thought the exact same thing about the fury. I was like man this thing is slow as hell, doesn't corner for sh!t, the brakes suck and it wieghs about 2 ton, but you know what after I bought the fury I think the 1000rr only left the garage twice all last summer and I eventually sold it last fall and bought a street glide to replace it. I don't know maybe its just a sign I'm getting old but I've come really enjoy just hopping on the bikes and cruising and the fury is a perfect bike for that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree. The Fury is a cool looking ride but is a bit of a dog. There is adequate mid range torque, but I'm already saving my pennies up for a good used Swift Bar Hopper, or a Big Bear. Something with a big honking S&S engine!

My last bike was an old Suzuki Imtruder that I had done considerable work on - it went like stink, but was a little cramped for riding.

Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Price reduction

Asking $11,300 now, will help with delivery within reason.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I currently own a 2000 Yamaha Vmax.....

I LOVE the Fury.....and I want one BAD....

Completely different bikes for completely different purposes:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts