Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here are the numbers with the Guhl re-flash, web cams regrind, JE 11:1 and PCVw/ auto tune. I have cobra swept duals with no baffles and the cobra intake. I have some fine tuning to do from here but these numbers are what I have so far.

I was talking with some people who suggest removing the screen from the intake and adjusting the cam timing for more power. I am only really interested in the torque personally.

First ride felt great!! The bike pulls smooth and fast. The power band dies around 5200 rpms but the feel of the bike was exactly what I was looking for.

I will get into more details later on but time to go put some miles on her!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
So if I understand correctly... you had your ECU reflashed and then added a Power Commander 5???

I am certainly not knocking you or what you did, so please don't take what I'm about to say as an attack, but I have to be real honest.

I expected more from all the engine work that was done. The numbers I see on your dyno sheet are barely any more than the reflash accomplishes by its self without higher compression or bigger cams.

Your max HP = 69.28
Your max TQ = 81.19

The reflash HP = 67.50
The reflash TQ = 76.40

That's like 2 HP and 5 ft-lbs more than the reflash by itself.

I have also seen the dyno results of just the 11:1 kit and cams and it is comparable to the reflash by itself.

I would certainly think/hope there is more power that is being left on the table somewhere because that is a substantial amount of expense and effort for such little return.

Again I'm not attacking you. I think it's great when people try new things and push the envelope. I have always wanted to see this done and I guess that is why I am a little surprised that it didn't yield better results.

I personally have always wanted to just swap to bigger cams and leave the stock pistons instead of raising the compression and see how that would do.

Please keep us posted and give some more details.

How much experience does your tuner have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is definitely some tweaks that need to be done. There is some extra HP ho/torque floating around with those tweaks. I want to make sure everything is good then start tinkering. I have thick skin so don’t sweat the post lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update. Something didn’t seal in the engine and it’s leaking oil everywhere. They are tearing it down now looking for the issue. I believe a large part of my issue is the lack of back-pressure on the pipes. I am going to replace the baffles when she is running again and do another pull

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
You shouldn't have any issue with lack of back-pressure. I've run uncorked Cobra Swepts with a dyno'd PC-V --no issues. Do you still have the crankcase vent in good working order?

Ken, remember a different dyno, same dyno different humidity/temperature/pressure, etc. will make different numbers.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
You shouldn't have any issue with lack of back-pressure. I've run uncorked Cobra Swepts with a dyno'd PC-V --no issues. Do you still have the crankcase vent in good working order?

Ken, remember a different dyno, same dyno different humidity/temperature/pressure, etc. will make different numbers.
I'm well aware of the variables involved.

I'm still confused as to why the ECU was reflashed and then a PCV added. Other than lowering the idle and lowering the cooling fan temperature the PCV overrides all the other settings.

I would love to see this setup taken to Don and let him work his magic on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the delay everyone! You were absolutely correct to question the power output. The original shop that did the work made a plethora of mistakes. I’ll write a post of the good and bad at some point but I wanted to get these out there and see if it aligned better with what people would expect from these mods.
DD87E3F4-DFBA-486F-B62D-62EA6C82BBE2.jpeg
DD87E3F4-DFBA-486F-B62D-62EA6C82BBE2.jpeg

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Sorry for the delay everyone! You were absolutely correct to question the power output. The original shop that did the work made a plethora of mistakes. I’ll write a post of the good and bad at some point but I wanted to get these out there and see if it aligned better with what people would expect from these mods. View attachment 235335 View attachment 235335
I'm not sure if it's just me but I CAN'T see the pics you posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have about 900 miles on her so far and I love the way it feels. I know a lot of people don’t see it being worth the price but from my experience it is a completely different machine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have about 900 miles on her so far and I love the way it feels. I know a lot of people don’t see it being worth the price but from my experience it is a completely different machine.
That's awesome! :D So I take it your happy with your fury now or are you planning on doing more down the line? IDK like swap gas lines and tune to E85 or something. If I remember correctly it's like 98 octane.

That's one nice thing about the PCV, you can have two maps with a switch, 91 or E85.

edit: You can't do the map switch with autotune, then it just turns autotune off or on. It may not be to hard to hook up an ethanol sensor to the extra input on the PCV. My Subaru is that way and advances timing depending on if i'm running E85 or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts