Honda Fury Forums: banner

Can you make it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this got a little off-track on another thread dedicated to a Central Florida Meet & Greet and I feel I may have hijacked that group ride with a specific ride.

So, I think that thread should continue to debate what's best for the group and this thread should be dedicated to a specific ride already planned and anyone can chime in either "I'm there" or "I can't make it."

Here is the where & when:
Sunday - June 19th - 11:30am
Captain Curt's in Siesta Key
1200 Old Stickney Point Road
Sarasota, FL 34242-3407

Click Here for Directions to Captain Curt's

If you can make it, post that here.
If you can't, I'm sorry. You can PM Richard, but I'm not sure how many other days he would take away from his vacation/family to "play with the Furys." :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I'm In! We fly out on the 26th so the 19th works the best for me. Of course, any day during the week is also ok, just figured weekends were better for you guys.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I'll be there.... That's my old neck of the woods growing up so I've been wanting to ride down there.... excellent choice guys!

Alan I tried to explain everything better on the other thread. can you see if it makes any sense lol. Thanks

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
19th im pretty sure is fathers day, I am either working and spending time with My dad or a little spending time with my dad and might be able to make the run over there for an hour or so, I think its 3 hrs each way for me.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Your right it is fathers day.... I didn't realize that.

I'll have to see if my wife has any plans for Fathers day. She and the kids usually just take me out for dinner so if that's the case I'll still be there.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My dad lives up in MD and my kids are ... um ... I don't have kids, what am I thinking? :p

No wife, no kids, a Honda Fury ... what else could a guy ask for? :rolleyes:
In a sense, you've got it made.

Sometimes I'd love to just do what I want..... but like I've said before... A Happy wife = a happy life..... After 20+ years with her & three kids I have no regrets. We are the true definition of "High-school Sweethearts" met when we were 16 & 17 and been together ever since Long freakin time lol

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Anybody driving to this that could let Mental ride shotgun? I think he is in the Clearwater area.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Mental is in FT. Meyers. MENTAL?
He is living in Clearwater now. IF it is going to rain, I will just drive down and retrieve him on the way. But, if the weather's good, I already made plans to ride and meet up & bring my friends in Lakewood Ranch.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
He is living in Clearwater now. IF it is going to rain, I will just drive down and retrieve him on the way. But, if the weather's good, I already made plans to ride and meet up & bring my friends in Lakewood Ranch.
I will be riding down if the rain chance is low....If it looks like rain (which I expect based on the report I just watched) I'll be driving down...either way it looks like I'll definitely be there.

The wife and kids are taking me to dinner for Fathers day so the lunch gathering works out good.

Whether I ride the Fury or drive my truck down, if anyone wants to meet up and go together let me know.. I'm pretty much center of the state so just hollar.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I just checked Weather.com and it still show’s 40% chance of rain, but doesn’t it pretty much rain every afternoon this time of year? As of the now the 10 day forecast shows rain 9 out of the next 10 days. After going to Siesta Key for the last 16-17 years, I interpret that as sunshine and an afternoon shower.

Any word on Mental?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I just checked Weather.com and it still show’s 40% chance of rain, but doesn’t it pretty much rain every afternoon this time of year? As of the now the 10 day forecast shows rain 9 out of the next 10 days. After going to Siesta Key for the last 16-17 years, I interpret that as sunshine and an afternoon shower.

Any word on Mental?
Richard, I live a tad over an hour from sarasota and we got hit with a terrible thunderstorm this afternoon... 70mph wind gusts, tornados in Haines city and dime size hail. I had the pleasure of riding home from work in it... the wind had settled down by the time I got off but the rain, lightening, and hail were still going on when I pulled out.

typical Florida afternoon thunder boomer for this area, this time of year. after today I'm undecided on riding tomorrow lol. supposed to be the same tomorrow
(wait did I just say that? I must be getting sick)

mental posted in the morning thread I believe yesterday but I haven't seen him on here since.

do we know exactly who all is going the 19th at this point? I know we had some maybe's...did any of them confirm?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

Any word on Mental?
The way the forecast look for Sunday 40-50% I'll be driving my truck to Sarasota...Don't like those heavy thunder storms on the bike anymore!!!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Any word on Mental?
My buddy Ray is not gonna make it 'cause it's Father's Day. So, I don't think his buddy Bobby is gonna ride AND with the weather iffy, I'm probably just gonna drive down so I can bring Mental along. It's not like I need to bring the bike ... I think you've seen a Blue Fury before - just that you'll miss out on the World's Coolest Fury Fender :p

I'll be seeing Mental tomorrow ... I discuss the details with him.

See you Sunday either which way.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My buddy Ray is not gonna make it 'cause it's Father's Day. So, I don't think his buddy Bobby is gonna ride AND with the weather iffy, I'm probably just gonna drive down so I can bring Mental along. It's not like I need to bring the bike ... I think you've seen a Blue Fury before - just that you'll miss out on the World's Coolest Fury Fender :p

I'll be seeing Mental tomorrow ... I discuss the details with him.

See you Sunday either which way.
Hello Al! Haven't heard from you lately so figured I'd say Hi.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts