Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a L&M Spike Intake Adapter from ACCESSORIES INTERNATIONAL. I wanted a chrome one - which is where the problems began.

So - I'm used to my orders taking a while, seeing as I'm in Oz.

I was advised a couple of days after my order was placed, that chroming the item will delay shipment by about a fortnight. Okay - goes with the territory. After about a month, I query the status of my order. "We weren't happy with the quality of the chroming, so they've gone back to be re-chromed". Annoying, but I'd rather have a good product so I wait.

Another few weeks later I send another email, querying the status of the order. "We are unable to provide you with a chrome version, so you can have the standard black or cancel your order."

You what??????? I am pissed. #1 I've just wasted 2 months. #2 Why the hell did it take me to email them? Shouldn't they have advised me at their earliest convenience???? Amateurs - I won't be ordering from them again.

Just venting..........

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
it's ok! we all need to vent from time to time. Troubling though this is the second post I've seen in 2 days that someone had 2 months wasted waiting for the same part that they can no longer get.

Sorry to hear about that. It does really blow!

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
So I ordered a L&M Spike Intake Adapter from ACCESSORIES INTERNATIONAL. I wanted a chrome one - which is where the problems began.

I was advised a couple of days after my order was placed, that chroming the item will delay shipment by about a fortnight. Okay - goes with the territory. After about a month, I query the status of my order. "We weren't happy with the quality of the chroming, so they've gone back to be re-chromed". Annoying, but I'd rather have a good product so I wait.

Another few weeks later I send another email, querying the status of the order. "We are unable to provide you with a chrome version, so you can have the standard black or cancel your order."

You what??????? I am pissed. #1 I've just wasted 2 months. #2 Why the hell did it take me to email them? Shouldn't they have advised me at their earliest convenience???? Amateurs - I won't be ordering from them again.

Just venting..........
how much intrest they make off your money?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
20 Posts

Just venting..........
Get a girl talking, she won't shut up! hahaha (Glad I finally came out)...

I also had the exact same issue with the L&M chrome intake adapters (ordered 2 of them) and I ordered from L&M directly. I contacted them at 4 weeks and 6 weeks and they said it wasn't back from chromer yet. Then I contacted them at 8 weeks and was told they no longer had a chromer, I could get silver or black or get a refund. I likewise was upset with their lack of communicating the issue sooner. I found out appx 2 weeks ago, but only because I kept emailing them, seems like some people are just now finding out, why didn't they tell all of us at the same time? I feel like they aren't telling customers they aren't going to get them until the buyer starts pushing.

On a positive note:
Since I have a silver bike, I ordered the silver one as a replacement and received it a week ago. Just had it installed with the chrome spike adapter and PCV. The silver matches the bike perfect and looks like its meant to be there as an extension of the bike and really shows off the engine. I love the way it looks. It is a quality product, now they need to work on the customer service end.

We got the black one for my husband, and it looks great too, but I think we are going to get it painted to match his bike too. So for those of you with your heart set on the chrome adapter (I did), I agree with what PAINTER said in a previous thread, its a nice look to match the paint on the intake to the bike.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got my post taken down and a private message from the admenistrater when i brought up this issue a few weeks ago. Didnt say anything bad just asked if anyone was having a problem getting a chrome intake adapter from l&m . Glad too see im not the only one .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Don't know if it's the time of the year, but I had issues getting most of the stuff I ordered from multiple vendors this past month. Got it all eventually, but I don't remember ever having this many issues ordering anything online...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts