Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m working on a 2009 Honda fury and the bike came in as a no start, customer said that it was fine all winter and he had been starting it wile being stored. now it starts for 15 seconds and the the engine light comes on and kills the bike. we have looked over the codes and we have gotten codes 29,8,7,10 and a few high voltage codes. it does have a cobra f2000 wondering if anyone else has had this issue we have replaced the battery as well as draining all old gas and replaced it with new gas we have also removed the harnesses to look for shorts and broken wires and nothing that would cause this issue

·
Registered
748 Posts
Does it stop like you turn it off with the key, or does it putter like it's running out of gas?

·
Registered
748 Posts
It stops like I shut it off doesn’t studder just cuts off
Sounds like it could be a bad safety switch. Check the connections at the kickstand and the connections at the clutch lever. They could be loose, or bad altogether. You could disconnect them from the switch and jump the two wires together to determine if it is in fact one of those. Just be careful, the system will think the safetys are made. I would set it up on a stand to do this.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Ok, I went to the service manual and looked at the codes....

I don't see "10" as a legitimate code.

Aside from that I would be looking for something that all 3 of those sensors (IACV, ECT, TP) share... like a ground. I would start by checking the main ground cable from the battery to the engine/transmission block to make sure it is clean and tight.

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ok, I went to the service manual and looked at the codes....
View attachment 240381

I don't see "10" as a legitimate code.

Aside from that I would be looking for something that all 3 of those sensors (IACV, ECT, TP) share... like a ground. I would start by checking the main ground cable from the battery to the engine/transmission block to make sure it is clean and tight.

Good luck and keep us posted.
I don't see a '0' anywhere on the chart for a code .... are you reading it right?

·
Registered
2013 Honda VT1300CX
41 Posts
I had a similar issue and the solution was difficult to find. Did the troubleshooting from the manual with the error code I was getting (13) and it said bad fuel injector/fuel injector short/fuel injector open circuit. Ended up being a fried pin to the fuel injectors on the ECU.

Replaced the ECU and it started up like a brand new bike, no problems since. Now if the DMV would work with me I'll be able to ride it soon.

Mine was a project that I got from an insurance auction - theft recovery - so a lot was shorted on it. Hope that helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts