Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've always thought once the 2010 Matte Silver Fury hit the floor that it needed a matte finish to the wheels/frame/controls etc to really make the bike pop. Well we got our 2011 White Fury in and low an behold it had the matte finish that I thought would look killer with the Matte Silver tank/fenders. So I got with the owner and proposed the idea, he thought I was crazy but gave me the go-ahead to tell service to get started on swapping them.

So I figured I would post up the pics and see what you guys think?

I wont worry about "Before" pics since you guys know what the before shots would look like ;).

UPDATE - 1/19/11

Finally got the exhaust/intake and a few other things in for the Matte Silver Fury.

Put a couple things on the White one as well. I didn't particularly like the seat idea on this one but the owner put his foot down so I had to order it haha. The red does help make the wheels pop but I just wish it was something other then flames but everyone has their own opinion.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Does that paint on the rear fender match the rest of the bike????

OOPS....Wrong thread! :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Not bad actually, but I have seen the white bike in person and the black for the body is pretty nice with the white. Although, putting the black parts with the matte Fury does look nice actually and might be welcome for somebody looking for a matte bike with the parts already blacked out, beside the engine of course. I say, good job on swapping out the parts. Wonder what the matte black tires would look like on the metallic silver bike though? Interested...

Does that paint on the rear fender match the rest of the bike????

OOPS....Wrong thread! :eek:

Lol, that right theeeeere is funny ya'll... :p

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Now that looks good... much better without the red strip on the Matte Silver along with all the black parts that come on the White Fury. I feel that Honda should have painted the rear rotor like they did the front on so it blended better but that is just my opinion especially I like the whole black out way to go... Chrome Sucks :p... LOL

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I prefer my shiny black rims w/strip IMO it gives the Matte a bit of flare...

I always like black frame and different color tins and tank.

IMO I stay with what I got!

Chrome rims are/is the only thing I think that would make the Matte look Bad ASS with chrome forks. When I get my money up Im chroming the wheels.:cool:

Is the MAtte Silver available this year???

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Never really cared for white it's so hard to keep clean but then a Fury in any color is a good thing

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
The Matte looks great!

Painter, too cold to be in the shop working? Welcome back bud!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
So, the point was to make it look as plain as possible? I don't get it. A man's toys, like his mate should have some "bling", and not be all-over plain and, IMO, ugly. Just my two-bits.......................

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
So, the point was to make it look as plain as possible? I don't get it. A man's toys, like his mate should have some "bling", and not be all-over plain and, IMO, ugly. Just my two-bits.......................

Cheers
What do you call those reflectors????

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
What do you call those reflectors????
Not sure I understand the question, Richard; mine hasn't had reflectors since I first brought it home.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for all of the opinions, really appreciate it. Was hoping my idea wouldn't be a total flop so I'm glad to see atleast 1 or 2 liked it ;) and definitely knew it wouldn't float everyones boat.

Our Honda rep came by yesterday and really fell in love with it, snapped a ton of pics to take back with him to show some of the big wigs. As cheesy as it sounds, made me feel kinda good haha :D.

Take care guys...

(I won't bore you guys with quoting everyone that said something but I'll hit the ones that had a question etc)

Is the MAtte Silver available this year???
Sadly no it's not available for 11'.

Kevin.....It works! blackout the mattes engine and your have a winner.
I'm trying to get the owners approval to have that done, it just won't be cheap though so I doubt I'll be able to get it approved but we'll see. I do have a matte black exhaust on order though to help with the "look" though. If you guys would like I'll toss some pics up of it when done.

Cheers

I appreciate your opinion, that's exactly why I posted it up to get some feedback from some Fury owners ;). I wasn't shooting for making it look as plain as possible but just more of a different look to be able to offer to a customer that may want something that you won't see another of parked beside you when you go out. And plus I just thought it'd look better, didn't think he would approve the idea haha. So far it's been a hit with the local customers and more have actually liked the way the White turned out.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Hey Kevin thanks for response you actually read the threads!

I think the bikes cool because you made it up or put it together and to each his own!

So many owners have the same old same old, ME INCLUDED and its NOT unique or real custom!

I applaud all who LIVE outside the box!

Happy New Year!:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
/I like what you did to both bikes, but I would suggest taking the red stripe off the white bike's rims to complete it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I love the red pin on my wheels, its just enough color to make the bike POP a little, its actually what caught my eye first on the bike and the main reason I bought it. I have slowly been incorporating very small hints of red into the bike to match like the red filters in the spikes and red stitching on my new black ostrich seat cover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Kevin thanks for response you actually read the threads!

I think the bikes cool because you made it up or put it together and to each his own!

So many owners have the same old same old, ME INCLUDED and its NOT unique or real custom!

I applaud all who LIVE outside the box!

Happy New Year!:D

Haha yeah I do read the forums, quite a bit actually. I enjoy getting on a lot of them for the bikes I sell to get an insight as to what owners think and are doing to them. And plus I kill a ton of time on them for the bikes I personally own, amazing how much time can be sucked into these forums haha.

Thanks for your opinion, much appreciated. Yeah that's what I was shoot for was something different to maybe help set atleast a couple of the bikes apart when they're sold, even if it is very minimal and not everyone will notice.

Thanks, hope you have a happer new year as well ;)

/I like what you did to both bikes, but I would suggest taking the red stripe off the white bike's rims to complete it.
Everyone said that at first around the shop but after seeing it surprisingly it has really caught on and people like it. But we'll see what happens with customers opinions and go from there. Appreciate the input.

I love the red pin on my wheels, its just enough color to make the bike POP a little, its actually what caught my eye first on the bike and the main reason I bought it. I have slowly been incorporating very small hints of red into the bike to match like the red filters in the spikes and red stitching on my new black ostrich seat cover.
Yeah it's amazing what something so little can do to make a bike pop. Have any pics of yours with the red accents by any chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated the 1st post with some new pics of them...

UPDATE - 1/19/11

Finally got the exhaust/intake and a few other things in for the Matte Silver Fury.

Put a couple things on the White one as well. I didn't particularly like the seat idea on this one but the owner put his foot down so I had to order it haha. The red does help make the wheels pop but I just wish it was something other then flames but everyone has their own opinion.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Awesome idea! and IMO I think they turned out great! I could sit here and nit-pick these to death but KUDOS to you for seeing an opportunity and following thru with it. (and really I pick my own bike apart but that's the fun of modding your bike, it's all about making it look EXACTLY like you want). BUT what a GREAT jumping off point! You'll be making two fury owners very happy!:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Updated the 1st post with some new pics of them...

UPDATE - 1/19/11

Ohhh, now those look good, especially the matte... wish I had some extra money laying around, might have one of those shipped out to my place with a purchase :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts