Honda Fury Forums: banner

2010 Fury clutch problem

7K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  todds87ss 
#1 ·
Clutch been staying engaged and have been adjusting cable to get clutch to disengage now have run out of adjustment and clutch stays engaged.
Clutch or cable?

#2 ·
Staying engaged all the time? Or hard shifts out of first? Into and out of other gears? More information is required to really help you.

@krashDH has a nice write up and fix for an issue he had with his clutch. Read it here =>

#7 ·
I changed the cultch... I used a Barnett clutch and use the honda 10/30 oil not the 10/40 .. in the cold weather the heavy oil is to thick.. I have heard of people drilling some ectra holes in the clutch basket...
only takes about an hour- hour and a half to change it out the clutch couldnt get over how easy it was...
I only use the 10/40 in the summer like in july and august (i live in florida and rode everyday for 2 years till last christmas).. after the change ran better than new..

#8 ·
I changed the cultch... I used a Barnett clutch and use the honda 10/30 oil not the 10/40 .. in the cold weather the heavy oil is to thick.. I have heard of people drilling some ectra holes in the clutch basket...
only takes about an hour- hour and a half to change it out the clutch couldnt get over how easy it was...
I only use the 10/40 in the summer like in july and august (i live in florida and rode everyday for 2 years till last christmas).. after the change ran better than new..
You do understand how weighted oil works correct?

There is no difference between 10 30 and 10 40 at cold temps. Please do not mislead people.

#12 ·
Yes, the bike does use engine oil in the transmission/clutch. Fairly common in modern motorcycles. The hot and cold temperatures that you may operate in are the entire point of multi weight oils. Just so you don't have to change from one weight in the winter to another in the summer.

Reactions: Gizmo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.