Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, but one I saw on craigslist if you in the area or know someone who wants a fury, kinda hurts my feelings price is so low.

Chooper Honda fury 2010

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Thats about the market price, maybe a tad high for that one. I have see a couple even a tad lower. Dealer wholesale stock, low mi. is $7500-$8000 now. Had one last week with $1500 aftermarket, 2000mi, could have for 9k.
I am a little puzzled, did you see this?

New Lazer LED tail lights....... (Looks like they were cut into fender?)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
normally i would agree. i've been watching that one for a while, its been going down roughly 400-500 a month. it started out at 10500 awhile ago, it only seems worth it now. but i agree on the pay off part, he can send it in.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I would agree with the Scam you couldnt pay them he has to do itor if you do they send him his free and clear title and then he says I am sorry but my name is Tony!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
SOP, Standard Operating Procedure, It's all done at the DMV. Same as when you trade in your non paid-off bike on a new one. Or if you trade in a car. There is a form for that. Title passes, money is sent to appropriate parties. Your Banker can even do it for you.
Honda Credit has their own forms and procedure for title transfer and pay off.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would agree with the Scam you couldnt pay them he has to do itor if you do they send him his free and clear title and then he says I am sorry but my name is Tony!!!!!!!!!
Lol so so so wrong on so many levels. I'm only trying to help out prospect fury owners. I'm dont even know this person lol.

Mental, i had no idea they were going for this low, out on the east coast i dont want to say they are scarce but i havent seen one besides this one below 10 stock. not many used ones out yet.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Well Kayman, there is a difference in asking price and selling price. Wholesale and Retail. Regional Differences. Reasons for selling bike, have to's, and someone who just wants it out of the garage, divorce, lost job, want a new car, some don't care if it sells. Some are just under water, so they ask for high price. Track selling prices on e-bay like I do, and see at what price they sell for and those that don't get any bids. It is only worth what that buyer is willing to pay. Some will say, I don't care, I want it, others are more realistic. I just saw one in Ft Myers, bought 1 year ago, put up for sale a month later, under 200mi, could not sell, sat in garage for 11 months, sold back to dealer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It's not a scam - a lot of people on craigslist and ebay with bikes less then 5 years old are looking for payoff. Economy is in the toiled, bike is the first thing to go, just to reduce the bills. There are Harley guys with stock $13K dynas asking $15K, because "that's what they owe" after 3 years of paying an 18.99% loan.

The only way I would do this is to take the seller to the bank or the dealer (whoever holds the loan) and do it there with proper paperwork. Then the bank sends you the title once they process the payment. Some banks or dealers are not willing to do this, though - they don't want to bother.

DO NOT hand someone the money hoping they will follow through on everything. No matter what kind of bill of sale they give you, you can get screwed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Lotta good deals out there - especially slightly used from private owners. Last July, I paid $9K for a 3 month old stock Fury with 400 miles. Today, that bike with almost 4000 miles would sell for what, maybe $8K?

I'm trying to buy this bike and am holding out with an offer $1K below their asking price. MSRP is $12.5K and this is still a new bike with 2 year mfg warranty.

Triumph : Thunderbird - eBay (item 270733524331 end time Apr-30-11 12:39:47 PDT)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I was at the Harley dealer this past weekend entertaining the idea of trading for a Night Rod they had there. I went for a test ride and let's just say I wanted the bike more before I rode it. It wasn't the beast I thought it'd be. Anyway...when I got back from the test ride, dealer told me they had already found someone to buy my Fury. They offered $9,300. I went home, happily, with my Fury.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I have thought about stopping at my local HD and asking them what they would give me for mine. Just curious I guess.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
It's not a scam - a lot of people on craigslist and ebay with bikes less then 5 years old are looking for payoff. Economy is in the toiled, bike is the first thing to go, just to reduce the bills. There are Harley guys with stock $13K dynas asking $15K, because "that's what they owe" after 3 years of paying an 18.99% loan.

The only way I would do this is to take the seller to the bank or the dealer (whoever holds the loan) and do it there with proper paperwork. Then the bank sends you the title once they process the payment. Some banks or dealers are not willing to do this, though - they don't want to bother.

DO NOT hand someone the money hoping they will follow through on everything. No matter what kind of bill of sale they give you, you can get screwed.
This is correct!!
I have sold and purchased vehicles from and to people and every single time I have them meet me at their or my bank!
If your buying, go into the bank first and get with the banker. Your bank or the sellers bank will have no problem witnessing your transaction and documenting it. Might be a very small fee. Then you know it is serious. A seller should have no problem with this.
Also your in a public place and not your home. If your buying a vehicle or bike. Same thing. If it's not cash. Sit with the banker and make sure the buyers check clears. Even a cashiers check! GET IT VERIFIED! it's not hard to print a fake cashiers check. NOT THAT I KNOW!:rolleyes:This is a simple phone call to their bank from your bank.
And if it is cash still meet at the bank and after the sale deposit it. Don't want the ass hole you just sold your car to taking your car then following you home and robbing your ass in the drive way because he knows you have thousands of dollars on you. IT HAPPENS!

I have thought about stopping at my local HD and asking them what they would give me for mine. Just curious I guess.
I am curious as well! Do it and let us know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts