Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my fuel pump out and there was a bunch of white flakes in the bottom of the fuel pump. My question is when you buy a new fuel pump does it come with the filter. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
I just got my fuel pump out and there was a bunch of white flakes in the bottom of the fuel pump. My question is when you buy a new fuel pump does it come with the filter. Thanks
You don't have to replace the entire pump. Honda changed a faulty fuel filter design at some point. The original fuel filter in the early models had a flat filter that laid on the bottom of the pump and it clogged very easily from those white mystery flakes. The redesign hangs vertically on the inside of the filter. Just order the filter upgrade from Honda. It's like $20.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help! I just wish I knew what is causing the white flakes. I’ve never seen anything like it before.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Thanks for your help! I just wish I knew what is causing the white flakes. I’ve never seen anything like it before.
If my memory serves me, I think I remember reading a post by @Señor Gar about there being some kind of coating inside the tank that didn't react well to ethanol fuel.... I could be wrong as it has been a long time ago but I do remember seeing pictures of the inside of a tank.

Perhaps others can/will chime in that remember better than me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
same here, I have been told 2 things it is the tank liner and or ethanol fuel.. was told the ethanol turns to crystals..
I did my fuel pump about a month ago and put a kit in it.(it ok but wish i put a new pump in).and the kit was not correct fitment had to make it work... I dumped the fuel pump out and it looked like a snow globe exploded...
full disclosure I am a marine mechanic(25 years)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts