Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellahs, I have been informed I'll be spending most of my time on the road for the next 4 months. :( These Fury's are going fast but I can wait until next year IF there is a next year with the Fury. Is it a slam dunk, no brainer, that Honda will have new Fury's for next May/June or should I pick one up NOW and park it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
My guess is that they intended for this to be an affordable 'everyman's' chopper, not an exclusive factory limited edition run. Maybe if the Fury had flopped in the sales dept they might have decided to keep it a low production bike for next year, but it seems to be selling well in the worst economy for new vehicle sales ever (excepting scooters) so I wouldn't be surprised if the factories are set loose next year (maybe they'll offer it in the bright metallic orange that I *really* want :) ).
My advice is worth what you paid for it, of course !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fellahs, I have been informed I'll be spending most of my time on the road for the next 4 months. :( These Fury's are going fast but I can wait until next year IF there is a next year with the Fury. Is it a slam dunk, no brainer, that Honda will have new Fury's for next May/June or should I pick one up NOW and park it?
I know there is a black one left at Powersports off of Laser ST. in Ottawa if you are parcial to black!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know there is a black one left at Powersports off of Laser ST. in Ottawa if you are parcial to black!

Thanks Cory for the info but from my readings around the www, looks like Honda will continue providing us with more Furys next year. It's been a fast seller. Hopefully, next year's model will have a big enough gas tank for me to get to the cottage without a fill-up, at least that's what I'm telling myself as a consolation prize for not being able to use much of one this season! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
2011 Fury

I think that by the end of your 4 months you will be able to pick one up cheaper. I live in central California and all the dealers I've been to have some, and are even low balling OTD prices. I am buying mine in November and maybe even get a used one that someone bought, and has a sore butt from riding. Or maybe the old lady wants to ride, but wants a cruiser ??? :confused:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ottawa Fury I tried to get you on one sooner! :cool: But hey if you wait you might get one cheaper or if they come out with the 1800 would be even better! I tried!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think that by the end of your 4 months you will be able to pick one up cheaper....
Thanks Old Dog for the input. Thing is, I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, not Ohio. ;) 4 months from now is the end of motorcycle riding season here. I may as well wait until next year's models because it'll just sit in the garage until spring and will freaking KILL me! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Old Dog,

Have you ever dealt with SHY honda in Stockton? I've only checked out the honda dealers in Manteca and Modesto. I see a couple of complaints about SHY on the web but they seem like the guys whining are fools.

They show they have a silver Fury in stock. I was thinking about checking it out but would like some more info on the dealer. If they are anything like Eagles nest harley down here I won't deal with them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Cory, any Ottawa Fury riding groups yet or online sites you peruse?
No Fury riding groups yet! Haven't seen any other ones on the road either and I know that their are a half a dozen on the road here in Ottawa! Don't know where they are but I'm out riding and not using it as a garage ornement!LOL!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
....but I'm out riding and not using it as a garage ornement!LOL!
Right on, or should I say... ride on!

:rolleyes:

If you haven't started one by next spring, I will. Seeing a couple dozen Furys together on the road would shake this sleepy town up! :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
powersport in Toronto has an SE sitting on show room floor, but hands off i should know end this week or middle next week if i can aford a flurry if i can that SE is mine:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
For the Central Cali guys, if your intrested in going to Hollister, those guys are wheelin and dealing also and have some variety. If you know how to work it, you can get your bike under MSRP(I know Hollister isn't exactly close to Stockton). I purchased mine in Vallejo and that dealership was really cool, got mine under MSRP with first tune up thrown in!! Only thing was I had to wait a few weeks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
SHY HONDA

Old Dog,

Have you ever dealt with SHY honda in Stockton? I've only checked out the honda dealers in Manteca and Modesto. I see a couple of complaints about SHY on the web but they seem like the guys whining are fools.

They show they have a silver Fury in stock. I was thinking about checking it out but would like some more info on the dealer. If they are anything like Eagles nest harley down here I won't deal with them.
:( I have dealt with SHY honda and they are a small shop, and won't come down much if at all. The silver Fury is gone and their next one is the matte Fury due in Late July. The best place I have found that will give you a break is Roseville Cycle Center, and about a week ago had three on the floor. I look at Motorcycles in October and November, and I tell you, if you can wait ....you'll save a few thousand dollars. San Jose or Fresno is advertising at $13000 OTD.
In reference to Eagle Nest Harley: I have been with 3 friends going to Eagle Nest Harley, and I tell you, they have an attitude problem. Cash in hand one guy went to Victory across the freeway and bought a Victory, after not getting waited on for over an hour at Eagles Nest. The other two guys bought Victories in Sacramento, after a lot of BS at the dealership. Eagles Nests attitude is that if you don't already have a Harley you ain't shit. I'm sure they'll close soon. I like to go there to relax, because you'll rarely get waited on, and they have a full assortment of bikes and accessories to look at. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I saw that one at Powersports and, oooh so nice! I'm thinking like Ottawafury...wait till Spring. I'll be out of town all August anyway.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I dont think Fury will be going away any time soon. The future potential of these bikes is huge. I haven't read anything negative about this bike in general.
I have a few Harley buddies, and One comment I had is "that bike is stunning!"
And that's without doing anything to it. I think next year, we will see a lot of aftermarket parts for this bike, and I am content to wait and see what the vendors have to offer.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts