Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all !

I was riding my 2011 Fury last weekend (very hot temps 95+) and after riding 40 mins or so, I noticed when I really tried to jump on the throttle while going uphill that it sort of sputtered with no power and as if it was going to stall. When I pulled the clutch in or went back to idle it seemed fine...in fact my ride all the way home at highway speeds on pretty much level road I had no issue keeping the speed constant. When I pulled into my garage (again level groud) it was idling fine, but when I tried to rev up the RPMs same problem. There are no check engine lights......what do you guys think, a fuel filter, pump, or loose battery connection problem possible ? I'm the second owner of my Fury which has about 23K miles on it and I have Cobra pipes and a fuel mangement control on it as well. Somebody please help me here, thank you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've seen numerous posts on here about the fuel filter/pump on the early models. Honda has since changed the design/arrangement. You may want to try putting "fuel filter" or "fuel pump" in the "Search Community" box at the top of the page to find more info.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Common issue for the early models (2010 up to some early 2012's).
The fuel filter in the pump was originally in a horizontal configuration. It would collect/build up sludge in the pump that could cause clogging. In mid 2012, they changed the filter to a vertical position inside. You just need to purchase the upgraded filter configuration.

·
Registered
2010 Silver Fury
98 Posts
I have a 2010 and that sounds very similar to what mine was doing before I switched out the fuel pump filter. To be clear, the pump itself was great, the filter is the issue. Getting to the filter requires removing the pump which is a bit of a PITA. Honda is aware of the issue and offers a fuel filter “upgrade” kit that converts to the newer, vertical filter setup. Sorry I don’t have the part # to hand at the moment, I’m at work. If I remember later I’ll find it for you and post. If it’s a 2011 and you haven’t been in there yet, my money would be on this filter issue. There are plenty of other things that could cause it, though, and I’m certainly no mechanic. So take my advice for what it is. Perhaps there are other contenders that don’t require taking the bike halfway apart that you could easily check first, but I’d recommend the fuel filter “upgrade” even if you weren’t having this problem. Good luck bud.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts