Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Fury
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving on the highway today my fury stopped at 80 and wouldn't accelerate higher. Took the exit and the bike died. Filled up with gas and started up, runs but really choppy and boggy like it wants to clunk out. Was hot and humid 84 degrees today. Is this a fuel pump issue? no engine light on or anything. If yes, any good places to purchase part and fix? How much is this fix at the mechanic? Thanks in advance for your insight.

·
Administrator
3,842 Posts
Use the Forum search function to find "Fuel Filter" threads. After reading several you'll know about that and everything related.

The Fury has very few inherent problems, all of which seem to have been diagnosed and solved. With persistence you should get it sorted in short order.

Best of fortune!

·
Registered
2011 Honda Fury
14 Posts
I have a 2011 Fury and I had a similar problem when I first rode it home to Denver from Wichita. This applies to me, but maybe it helps you. I found this info previously in these forums. Apparently some of the fuel pumps have “issues”. I can’t remember specifics about what years or the exact cause, but the SOLUTION was to simply remove the gas cap, take the key out (you have to push the bottom inside ring up and it will disengage the key), start the bike up and let it run for a bit. Replace the gas cap and you should be good to go.

From what I remember, some of the fuel pumps were built a bit off and they can cause something like vapor lock when the fuel heats up and expands. I’m sorry I don’t have more/better specifics, but the solution seemed pretty simple and it definitely worked for me. This only applies to very hot days. Now, if it’s hot out, I take the gas cap off when I first start mu bike and I never have this issue at all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have a 2011 Fury and I had a similar problem when I first rode it home to Denver from Wichita. This applies to me, but maybe it helps you. I found this info previously in these forums. Apparently some of the fuel pumps have “issues”. I can’t remember specifics about what years or the exact cause, but the SOLUTION was to simply remove the gas cap, take the key out (you have to push the bottom inside ring up and it will disengage the key), start the bike up and let it run for a bit. Replace the gas cap and you should be good to go.

From what I remember, some of the fuel pumps were built a bit off and they can cause something like vapor lock when the fuel heats up and expands. I’m sorry I don’t have more/better specifics, but the solution seemed pretty simple and it definitely worked for me. This only applies to very hot days. Now, if it’s hot out, I take the gas cap off when I first start mu bike and I never have this issue at all. Hope this helps.
Thank you for that bit of information .... an emergency fix!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.