Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Fury
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2018 Fury 0 miles two weeks ago, been riding for 25 years. Saw the fury in 2010, and said I'm going to own one someday. Been riding Honda's all my life mostly, CBR's. Been in the Army for 17 years so far. Living in Michigan, near Lansing. Can't wait to start modifying my ride

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome from central VA.. the Fury is a wonderful bike in stock form but with minor upgrades that you can do yourself it really shines!

·
Super Moderator
3,128 Posts
Welcome from Fuvahmulah! (How'd I wind up here???) Part of the Maldives, the name basically means, "Our palm trees have nuts!"--from what I can figure out. The best thing here is nothing ever changes. The worst thing here is...nothing ever changes.

There are a lot of motorcycles, but the roads are utter tosh. Some people speak English. Some. You can usually find a child to translate (they teach English in schools), but what that gets translated to is sometimes questionable. I don't really know what people speak here natively, but nobody else seems to speak it. Update: Maldivian; they have their own language. Supposedly it's similar to the Sinhalese language of Sri Lanka, which really doesn't help me out. As the Maldives are a group of islands, each island speaks Maldivian differently, so I've resorted to pointing to things and making hand gestures nobody but me understands--which makes us about even in my book.

The drinking water here is rainwater. With bird dung filtered out. Mostly. Tastes fine. Acts as a natural cleanse, if you're into that sort of thing.... There is also a brand new reverse osmosis water treatment plant.Sewerage is held in septic tanks.

There's a powerplant that puts out about 8MW, and some people have solar panels.

Pretty much nothing is dangerous, other than some of the fish, and at that not very. Even the sharks are friendly (hammerhead, grey reef, oceanic whitetip, silvertip, thresher, tiger, and whale sharks). (Lionfish taste great with lemon and salt, by the way. You spear and bag them, then swim to shore. Though if you miss them they figure things out quickly and make things difficult, and the spines are actually very poisonous.)

As tiny as the island is, it has two freshwater lakes, one at each end.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Welcome from California, where things are always shaking!

There's a Fury Nation google map that you can get to from the link in my signature area. We are trying to fill it with members, hangouts, ride locations/landmarks, etc. If you want, we can add you to it as well, just need a zip code (NO ADDRESSES) either posted here or PMed to me and we can make it happen. If not that's fine too.

Keep safe out there, after 25 years you know it's those morons you ride near that are the problem. Head up!

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts