Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I joined Fury Forums after I purchased a 2022 Fury. Bike has 12 miles on it and I want to get the AGM battery out and a Lithium in. What do you Fury guy's and gal's suggest? EarthX 24C, Antigravity Atz-10 or Fire power Featherweight? GO!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I'm sure the 26C would not only be sufficient, but it would be a vast improvement over OEM

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you Installed the EarthX 36C, does it fit our bike perfect or is there some tinkering to get it to work. Like cable mounting ease of installation. Anything you would do differently. And how safe is this battery on our bikes. Will the charging system thank us or is the hard on it.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I don't remember having to do anything other than putting it in. Might have had to use the terminal adapters...I can take a look tomorrow. Weather is drying out, I am pulling the bike out of the shed for riding this week. As for the bike, it is quite happy. No problem for the charging system, and it starts super quickly

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
You can search these forums. There are plenty of write ups done on this battery as a bunch are running it.

You get one freebie, but in the future, search before posting, most of this has been covered...

This is the thread I started. Battery fits fine but you need the extension brackets (Earth X36C) shown in this post:

Also in that thread I explain the battery fits with no issues and no modification.

You want the 36C for these bikes, I wouldn't recommend anything less.

Get a tender/trickle charger for it. It really doesn't need it, but if it sits over winter it doesn't hurt to keep it on. I keep mine on one. EarthX site lists which tenders are compatible for their batteries. Head on over to their site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank goodness I get a freebie! I'm excited you searched the category, lots of detailed information has not been discussed. And if you could what posting explained the long term results newer than 2016? Thanks for the input but you didn't bring any useful information 👍

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Thank goodness I get a freebie! I'm excited you searched the category, lots of detailed information has not been discussed. And if you could what posting explained the long term results newer than 2016? Thanks for the input but you didn't bring any useful information 👍
What? You haven't searched anything.
How about read first. You are new to the forum. First thing to do is figure out the format. Then, for whatever question you have, search first. I guarantee it's likely already been answered. That's why we do write ups.

I explained. It fits fine with no modifications except you need the extension bars for the terminals. You need to READ.

Long term report from everyone that has them: No issues. Or else we'd bring it up on the forum. It's still the best battery you can get for these bikes.

There is a lot of discussion about this battery already on the forum and your questions have been answered. No more spoon feeding for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've READ most threads about the EarthX, but there are several other manufacturers that I'd like to have input on. And I see most threads pertaining to the Earthx battery you do chime in on. BUT it's all useless argument and no positive information. Quit arguing with every post and get off you're podium, You are excused. 🧐

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
You've got all the useful information you need and resources at your fingertips.

Once you've contributed something to the forum, maybe then you can talk trash. But now? Nah. Good luck with that attitude.

I'm not on any podium. I'm here to provide useful information and complete tech write ups on a lot of subjects where this information lacks.

So show a little respect to members that come before you and are nothing but helpful to the forum.

Oh, suggesting that you search was a helpful tip. But you choose to run your mouth. Take those words and re direct that energy for some keyboard magic. You might learn a thing or 2 that you didn't even know. It's pretty wild how that works!

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
692 Posts
That is the one I was highly considering. Was the fitment perfect for the Atz-10 with the 4 post technology? Plenty of slack on the cables?
Actually a little smaller.
Only thing with changing batteries in my bike was . You have to remove and install by accessing the negative cable with the battery in the cavity where the battery is mounted.
I also used a Dremel to open a hole to access the Restart feature. If I ever need it I would just remove the sidecover and press the button.
By the way, the battery weights next to nothing..

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I bought the Firepower. It's been fantastic. I also added a second 8ga ground cable to it.
Where did you ground the second ground to? Did you notice any difference in starting with the additional ground? I read the thread where a second ground fixed a hot start problem but I still can't figure out why unless the cable was bad or the ground on the other end of the cable was bad, but cleaning the ground and or replacing the existing ground cable should take care of that.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Where did you ground the second ground to? Did you notice any difference in starting with the additional ground? I read the thread where a second ground fixed a hot start problem but I still can't figure out why unless the cable was bad or the ground on the other end of the cable was bad, but cleaning the ground and or replacing the existing ground cable should take care of that.
I ran it just forwarded of the existing one. There is a mounting boss cast into the casing with another bracket. Yes I did notice a difference, fist it doesn't have any heat in it anymore, and second, the hot start issues disappear. It actually doubled the ground route. Double the ground size reduce the resistance by half. I did this before I went to the lithium battery though. It worked great for the lead acid, I just kept it there. The factory doesn't put a big enough battery in these bikes to start with, and a normal start will pull a lot on them and the ground will get hot. I've seen the negative side of a factory battery post melt the wire shielding it gets so hot during a hot start.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Thanks! Would you be able to take some pics of it installed ? And will the bike keep it charged thru the season or is a tender a must.
The battery installed

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design

Terminal adapters

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design

I've had it for 5 1/2 years, with absolutely no problems. I don't have a tender, but then the longest it usually goes without riding is 2 months during the coldest of the winter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts