Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
I ran it just forwarded of the existing one. There is a mounting boss cast into the casing with another bracket. Yes I did notice a difference, fist it doesn't have any heat in it anymore, and second, the hot start issues disappear. It actually doubled the ground route. Double the ground size reduce the resistance by half. I did this before I went to the lithium battery though. It worked great for the lead acid, I just kept it there. The factory doesn't put a big enough battery in these bikes to start with, and a normal start will pull a lot on them and the ground will get hot. I've seen the negative side of a factory battery post melt the wire shielding it gets so hot during a hot start.
Really interesting result. I wonder if the same result could be achieved by replacing the stock ground cable with a larger one, say 4 gauge, then it might be a little too think to fit through all the twists and turns. You've got me thinking this is a mod I should get into. Did you happen to measure the resistance of the stock ground cable by any chance?

I think I'll take a few measurements on my bike and see if there is anything noteworthy.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Really interesting result. I wonder if the same result could be achieved by replacing the stock ground cable with a larger one, say 4 gauge, then it might be a little too think to fit through all the twists and turns. You've got me thinking this is a mod I should get into. Did you happen to measure the resistance of the stock ground cable by any chance?

I think I'll take a few measurements on my bike and see if there is anything noteworthy.
No I didn't meter it out. The reason I used two 8ga wires was exactly what you said, a 4ga was too thick to snake around under the box. I actually do the same thing with every vehicle I had.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When you Installed the EarthX 36C, does it fit our bike perfect or is there some tinkering to get it to work. Like cable mounting ease of installation. Anything you would do differently. And how safe is this battery on our bikes. Will the charging system thank us or is the hard on it.
I put lithium battery in Harley last year, no issues, when it cold like 30' agm would struggle.now I turn on headlight for a few minutes before I try to start it's been flawless. If fury ever needed battery changed I'd go with the smaller lithium choice just because it's plenty. With hd I went bigger because alarm system will drain when stored for a bit. I got the lithium trickle charger to replace regular but I don't expect I'll need it as bike charging system is plenty and lithium doesn't loose charge as quickly.
Definitely an upgrade I'd recommend when oem battery starts to have issues.
my battery had terminals on each corner so I could choose which side to have pos/neg and still have them in front.it was physically the same size but shorter. Came with spacers to raise up to original battery height.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts