Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased off the showroom floor a 2022 Honda Fury. I fell in love with this machine as soon as I laid eyes on it. I initially drove it home from the dealer so there is 50 miles on the machine. My location is not suitable for riding right now (cold and road conditions). Well the bike is in storage and I've been studying the owners manual and learning about the bike. The initial service should be done at 600 miles or one month. Well that's the problem, next time I ride is the end of May. So two months out. In my eyes miles being 50 is not the issue it's the 1 month? Why 1 month. Is there break in oil in these machines that somehow expire in that time or is it normal Honda oil and due to putting miles on the bike contamination is introduced? I'm super picky (OCD) when it comes to my things. And need to know 1. Is there break in oil in this motor. 2. Is it essential to change it within that 1 month with only 50 miles on the odo. 3. If there is no break in oil should I change the oil at that 1 month time with OEM Honda oil and filter.

Thanks for all the great information you guys out everyday. I've learned alot from the forum!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I plan on doing my own maintenance and just document it for warranty reasons. Does anybody know if they have brake in oil in these machines?
Thanks for the help!
It's not anything special, but it does take a good bit of abuse being a new motor. It picks up grime and cleans the clutch plate, fine gear particles from the transmission. The transmission is the most abusive the first few hundred miles. It's like washing new socks before you wear them.

·
Administrator
3,953 Posts
I did the valve adjustment and documented it in great detail on this site. It took me quite a while since I'd never done one like that but it went really smoothly and I gained some power and smoothness (in combination with other tweaks) so for me it was worth doing it in the cold weather before riding season.

I bought two bags of microfiber towels at Sam's Club and after washing the bike for fall storage cleaned each part as I took it off (so dirt couldn't scratch it) and wrapped the parts in towels and put them in gallon ZipLock bags with the screws in snack bags and those in a big plastic sealable bin (in order), so the reassembly process went really smooth.

The guys here told me to change out the final drive fluid with every oil change and that advice is golden. Easy, fast, and cheap. That final drive oil does a lot of work, so it's smart to change it.

·
Registered
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
417 Posts
I did the valve adjustment and documented it in great detail on this site. It took me quite a while since I'd never done one like that but it went really smoothly and I gained some power and smoothness (in combination with other tweaks) so for me it was worth doing it in the cold weather before riding season.

I bought two bags of microfiber towels at Sam's Club and after washing the bike for fall storage cleaned each part as I took it off (so dirt couldn't scratch it) and wrapped the parts in towels and put them in gallon ZipLock bags with the screws in snack bags and those in a big plastic sealable bin (in order), so the reassembly process went really smooth.

The guys here told me to change out the final drive fluid with every oil change and that advice is golden. Easy, fast, and cheap. That final drive oil does a lot of work, so it's smart to change it.
Probably should change out fork oil every year or every other. Did mine at 10,000. And it was JET BLACK. you have to measure the amount going back in. One side takes more than the other. You need a bike jack . Several videos out there on it. And yes final drive every year.

·
Super Moderator
6,121 Posts

I must be getting old as I could not find that write up either using the search here or google. Would you mind re-posting the link?

·
Registered
2010 Fury
343 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts