Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was just wondering what the difference is with the 240 rear on the stock rim vs the sumo x 250 kit. Does anyone have an opinion on this ???? The money is not an issue but I was wondering on what the difference might be ?? Has anyone installed one or is running the 240 on their bike??? Any info or suggestions would be helpful and appreciated......... Thanks

·
Registered
616 Posts
It's not a good idea to put a 240 on the stock rim because it's too small therefore it won't look that much wider. The tire will look bubbly and handle like crap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not a good idea to put a 240 on the stock rim because it's too small therefore it won't look that much wider. The tire will look bubbly and handle like crap.
What if I changed the stck rim to a different one??? Will a different rim fit???? Or is the 250 kit just the way to go???

·
Registered
497 Posts
What if I changed the stck rim to a different one??? Will a different rim fit???? Or is the 250 kit just the way to go???

The largest wheel you can fit in the stock Fury swing-arm is 7" wide. The problem is that this is an unconventional wheel size and no one produces a wheel in this width. The industry standard wheel size for an aftermarket 240/250/260 tire is 8.5".

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
My opinion is if you are going to go with a 240 tire then do it right. It isn't worth putting it on a factory rim. The whole point of the fat tire kit is just that. you want it fat. A stock rim will still be the same width.

Sumo X all the way. That is my sole thing for next winter to do.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
My opinion is if you are going to go with a 240 tire then do it right. It isn't worth putting it on a factory rim. The whole point of the fat tire kit is just that. you want it fat. A stock rim will still be the same width.

Sumo X all the way. That is my sole thing for next winter to do.
i agree with snuffdog.you should not put a 240 on the stock rim.there could be hazads there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts