Honda Fury Forums: banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Im trying to pinpoint the words that properly describe it. I have since made changes to the suspension so I may not be able to give an accurate description anymore but.... I did about 100 miles on the old suspension with the new tire so I can speak on that without a doubt.

I paid $212 for the 240 metzler 888 from jp cycles. It looks better than the old tire too
Jeeze! $212 here, $216 in another thread, you are trying to bankrupt me!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
But you're saving $350 per oil change vs. Harley.
I didn't know that they ever actually DRAINED the oil. I thought they just continually topped it off, so it was always clean...

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I didn't know that they ever actually DRAINED the oil. I thought they just continually topped it off, so it was always clean...
25 steps to change the oil. They missed using an impact driver to remove the cover bolts so they don't strip, and replacing all the gaskets so there aren't any leaks. Plus with the bolts above the suspension it's a mess unless they're pulled from the side and a diverter tray is used to keep the oil off the suspension.

The final drive oil should also be changed out. The primary chain tensioner and around eight other unrelated things should be checked depending on mileage, like the Jiffy Stand(tm)--this is how the bike is kept running and in great shape, minimizing the chance of a breakdown.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I got mine for $196 at Cycle Gear. Might have been on sale.

Metzeler me888 marathon ultra is$199.48 right now on cyclegear....But Jp Cycle delivered it lightening fast. I think it left a facility that was an hour from me. I would have picked it up had I known.

201 - 207 of 207 Posts
About this Discussion
206 Replies
42 Participants
NDM
Honda Fury Forums:
FuryForums.com is the premier Honda Fury community to discuss the motorcycle’s specs, accessories, parts, reviews, and prices. Join now!
Full Forum Listing