Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys im new in this forum and also i ve juste bought a fury 2016 and my question is if i can change the 200 rear tire with a 240 ?? Thank you guys for your advice

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Sell it while it's still fresh. :D

There are plenty of people here that would love it. Some people actually like the ride better than on the 200.

In all reality, the ride isn't that different from stock because the rim constrains the width of the tire, so from that aspect lean and turning is about the same, though the extra rubber has to go somewhere so the tire is a little taller and less stable, kind of messing with the bike geometry a bit more, though in a straight line this provides a softer ride.

The one thing to think of is the bead won't lock into the rim properly, so while the tire seals well there isn't a 'great' "backup seal" although I'm guessing there's a 'moderate' one; since this isn't a sportbike it's probably not a large issue for most.

The Darkside post has a video that explains what you'll face with mounting an over-sized tire. Is it the end of the world to put a 240 on a 200 rim? Probably not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a blowout and my dealer put a size larger on without telling me. When I picked it up it handled kinda squirrelly so I went back. I thought something was loose. They changed back to original and problem solved. Honda spent a lot of money getting it to handle great. My advice? Change grips, exhaust, seat, handlebars but not the tires. IMHO.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Other than the look, I have yet to hear of a real improvement that a 240 would make. Someone claimed it improved your lean angle, but since geometry doesn't work that way, still no improvements known...

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
What I noticed on the handling is that on slow and straight, it only took an afterthought to keep the thing balanced, but on turns, it felt heavier. It's more nimble now with the 200 on there, and I won't go back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts