Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the following from X Coppers when I asked about a fat tire kit and a steel fendor: "One of our vendors, Sumo-X is working on a 250 kit now. We will offer it when it's available. It will use a fiberglass fender. The steel fenders offered from some competitors for the VTX*do not fit well and don't look right."

I will update this thread when I know more.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sumo-X stuff is top notch and he's not going to release anything before he's happy with it. He's not a guy to rush something to market to make a quick buck. I've talked to Kurt a number of times on the phone (when I could find him, did I mention he is super busy) and he is a stand up guy. The Fury is just one of the many of projects he has got going on.

·
Registered
773 Posts
This is going to be a tough build, since you have to cut the rear frame section off the bike to fit a 250 tire. Or it's going to look bad having that rear fender way up high. But we think Honda made the Fury rear frame section way to high anyways, so maybe it needs to go. This will be interesting and we to will be watching as well.

LM

·
Registered
107 Posts
IMO if it's going to be an excessive amount of work and modifications I will just stick with the stock size tire, whether I chrome the factory wheels or do aftermarket and run a 200 or 210. I think the bike will look good once the lowering options are out and someone possibly comes up with a different rear fender, something that has a little more of a downturn on the rear of the fender to ride the line of the tire. After spending $12K on the bike I don't know if I can justify another $5K on a fat tire kit when there are so many other mods that can be made. Regardless, if a wide tire kit is available I'm sure it will look great and I'm looking forward to seeing it if someone does one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is going to be a tough build, since you have to cut the rear frame section off the bike to fit a 250 tire. Or it's going to look bad having that rear fender way up high. But we think Honda made the Fury rear frame section way to high anyways, so maybe it needs to go. This will be interesting and we to will be watching as well.

LM
LM...

any updates on the air shock???

Impatiently waiting!!!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
IMO if it's going to be an excessive amount of work and modifications I will just stick with the stock size tire, whether I chrome the factory wheels or do aftermarket and run a 200 or 210. I think the bike will look good once the lowering options are out and someone possibly comes up with a different rear fender, something that has a little more of a downturn on the rear of the fender to ride the line of the tire. After spending $12K on the bike I don't know if I can justify another $5K on a fat tire kit when there are so many other mods that can be made. Regardless, if a wide tire kit is available I'm sure it will look great and I'm looking forward to seeing it if someone does one.
I agree with Kenny here regarding a $5k rear tire kit. I would think a 240 could go on without any modification.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't hold your breath. Kurt (Sumo-X) is a super busy man. Look how long it took him to get his Raider kit to market. His stuff is top notch and he's not going to release anything before he's happy with it. He's not a guy to rush something to market to make a quick buck. I've talked to Kurt a number of times on the phone (when I could find him, did I mention he is super busy) and he is a stand up guy. The Fury is just one of the many of projects he has got going on.
You know the old saying, "Do you want it done right or do you want it done right now!"
I vote for right.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed!

You know the old saying, "Do you want it done right or do you want it done right now!"
I vote for right.
I agree completely. The Fury already looks great so I can wait for this to be done right. I guess we need something to look forward to for next season!

·
Registered
196 Posts

As far as the 5g speculation, that remains to be seen, our vtx kits run about $4200 COMPLETE. be sure to shop apples for apples.
That 4200 on the X includes PAINTED fender, struts, shocks, seat, swing arm, tire, licence bracket, red LED signals and the run-turn-brake for brake and tail lights. Not realy that bad when you add it all up.
Keep in mind I don't see the need to change out the shock on the Fury at this point.
The stock Fury shock is one fine unit and I don't care to muck up the ride if I can help it.
I will be hitting this one hard all week end so hopefully by Monday I will have some progress to share.
I would have started sooner but I can't get the wife to give up the Fury.
I have only put about 25 of the 900 miles on it. ( just got it 2 week ago last Monday)
I am afraid it may end up being her bike, guess I will be stuck w/ the zx14 for next year.:D( working on some parts for that also)
BTW I will post some new wheel pic soon also.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sumo-X

Can you make a fendor that will still allow us to use the RAW LED rear brake light? If so, count me in as a customer. Also, feel free to jump us to a 300 tire if possible. Can't wait!

·
Registered
196 Posts
250 is in

Here are some pix, the 250 Dunlop is in.
Swing arm mod is necessary.
Anything from a 240 to the Metz 260 on an 8.5in rim will work fine.
We will have to make a new torque arm for the final drive.
You can see in the pic why the stock fender framing will have to go.
Next is the fender mock-up.:)

Hub close-up

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Can you make a fendor that will still allow us to use the RAW LED rear brake light? If so, count me in as a customer. Also, feel free to jump us to a 300 tire if possible. Can't wait!
Just re-sell it when the time comes ;)

THAT LOOKS SICK SUMO!!!

So, good it deserves to be seen again

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here are some pix, the 250 Dunlop is in.
Swing arm mod is necessary.
Anything from a 240 to the Metz 260 on an 8.5in rim will work fine.
We will have to make a new torque arm for the final drive.
You can see in the pic why the stock fender framing will have to go.
Next is the fender mock-up.:)

Hub close-up

Looks great. Do you have any idea what the kit will cost? At least a ball park. Great work.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts