Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa's about to order me a swing arm bag but she's needs to know what size. If you have one post up your pros and cons and any pics if you can. I've found some pic here and there on the forum but wonered if anyone had any complaints or regrets.

She just let me buy the 8 deg trees but i only get one swing arm bag.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
If you get the 3 in aint enough. If you get the 5 it aint enough.
I have the 3 and it is perfect. But know matter what you will always want something bigger. Your choice.
PICS!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. Screw it im ordering the 3" incher. Gotta pull the trigger now to get it by christmas .

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was worried about the rear profile so I got the 3". I have since seen rear shots of both and am really glad I kept it narrow. I want the tire to be fat, not the stuff hanging off the bike. It's not enough to travel with, but perfect day runs. Two inches in width hanging off the side makes a big difference. Here's the 3" profile...

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Looks good!, take care that it doesn't scratch the sidearm.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes, be sure to cover the side arm with velcro. When removing, a little goo gone for the adhesive is much easier than a repaint.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done deal ordered it this morning. Plus got a military discount! Funny thng is they didn't tell me how much for shipping.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Done deal ordered it this morning. Plus got a military discount! Funny thng is they didn't tell me how much for shipping.
I need one of these myself. Where did you order it from?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Guys,

The fury doesn't have the traditional v shape frame so you can only secure the bag to the swing arm (the bottom). How do you use the top mounting straps?

Also check out this pic (second picture)....how you guys think this was mounted to achieve this angle?

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
bump

Found this old post and re-bumping it. I have my license plate on the left side, but I also want a swing arm bag there as well. I recently asked Redline to make one of his custom brackets. Now the question is, which side arm bag does everyone recommend I order and from where?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Found this old post and re-bumping it. I have my license plate on the left side, but I also want a swing arm bag there as well. I recently asked Redline to make one of his custom brackets. Now the question is, which side arm bag does everyone recommend I order and from where?
Johnny, I was going to wait until I got my bracket from Redline before I shopped for a bag, so I'm interested to see what bag you decide to go with. Haven't moved my plate down yet - might be a fall/winter project though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts