Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yeah I think that was my problem all I could find where the thread on type amd those jus didn't fit at all I know a place that has them but its a 160 mile round trip lol
I got mine on ebay, brotha. But that's also why I had to make em fit, since it wouldn't be worth returning em haha.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can someone measure the size of there lower fork tube that doesnt have a 2013 fury because my spikes are no where near close to the diameter of the fork tubes they are alot smaller

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
grave digger

and another post I dig up from the dead ,I would like to get these ,since its a cheap mod ,but I'm confused if our forks are 44mm diameter how is it that these 33mm lug nut covers fit , from the pics them seem to fit perfect ,and the last person to post above me. stated it didn't fit ,what gives

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
and another post I dig up from the dead ,I would like to get these ,since its a cheap mod ,but I'm confused if our forks are 44mm diameter how is it that these 33mm lug nut covers fit , from the pics them seem to fit perfect ,and the last person to post above me. stated it didn't fit ,what gives
The previous poster wanted to fit them on the LOWER tubes. The original poster glued them to the UPPER tubes. :confuzed:
Upper tubes are 44mm but the spikes are intended for 33 mm nuts, that's 33 mm across the flats. The outside diameter of the spike has to be way larger to fit. My guess is the outer diameter of the spike will be pretty close to 44 mm.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
The previous poster wanted to fit them on the LOWER tubes. The original poster glued them to the UPPER tubes. :confuzed:
Upper tubes are 44mm but the spikes are intended for 33 mm nuts, that's 33 mm across the flats. The outside diameter of the spike has to be way larger to fit. My guess is the outer diameter of the spike will be pretty close to 44 mm.
that makes sense , I want to put them on the upper forks ,I am going to take a leap of faith and order them although there only 2.00 dollars each the shipping is 15.00 so I was hesistant to order them ,but fk it I will take the hit ,if they don't work out .thanks

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
that makes sense , I want to put them on the upper forks ,I am going to take a leap of faith and order them although there only 2.00 dollars each the shipping is 15.00 so I was hesistant to order them ,but fk it I will take the hit ,if they don't work out .thanks
People can't tell by looking at em, but I had to glue mine on. They didn't fit for shit otherwise.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I just, just got t mine today I dry fitted them and there almost a perfect fit , just got to figure out how to get them to stay , glue epoxy double sided tape.i will post pics once I install them ,

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Mine are screwed on with blue loctite.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I just, just got t mine today I dry fitted them and there almost a perfect fit , just got to figure out how to get them to stay , glue epoxy double sided tape.i will post pics once I install them ,
I used some Gorilla glue epoxy

I also cut the lip of the spike to match up to the forks

Takes about 5 mins before the glue starts to take hold

Attachments

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
No. Mine come out the side. See my album.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wanted to cover up the top of the forks/triple tree but didn't want to spend a ton of money. Turns out 33mm lug nut covers will fit perfect. I picked up some spike covers from the local truck stop for $1.50 each and glued them on. Looks good. I'll get some pictures up soon
looks stupid

21 - 36 of 36 Posts