Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the 4yr warranty extension so the new Fury is covered for 5yrs. total...
I have till July 2014 and this will come in handy if that trans issue gets worse over the next year!

225.00 a year is worth it for my sanity!

Labor rate is 75 per hour at my local Honda so I think this is wise!!

Anyone else do the same???

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Got the extended warranty on day 1 as well. I think I paid just over $600 for it. One of the things my dealer would negotiate on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They get a 125.00 extra from me so "TAKE SOME PIANO LESSON GUYS AT HONDA!!":mad:

Security always has its price!!:D

P.S.
Only up shot is you can pay for it directly on credit card/ 3 payments with out interest for 260.00 each so I didnt have to role it into deal/ with interest!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think I paid $800 for the 4 year extension on the day I bought the bike; mighta been $700 though, don't remember for sure. My dealer is a smaller operation; they had the first fury in the Dayton area and there wasn't another one expected for at least 4 weeks back when I bought it. (turned out the 2nd one was a little longer than that in coming). They wouldn't budge off msrp for anything.

I coulda held off and shopped around; driven the 25-30 miles to the next nearest dealer, maybe waited a month but it was like, screw it - any big ticket purchase, amortized over the (total) 5 years of additional protection, for a new product which isn't really proven yet, and add in 5 more years I expect to be happily fury-riding, it just wasn't worth it to me to try and wheel-'n-deal better prices.

When I walk into the garage in the morning, even after all the money I paid to buy the bike and all the $$ I'm putting into parts and individualizing the bike and chrome wheels and what-have-you, it still makes me break into a big smile. Which is basically what I was paying for :D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
That is how I look at it. Makes me smile every day. My dealer wouldn't budge on MSRP, but would negotiate on the extended warranty and tire/wheel insurance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got mine on day 1 too. Just threw it in with the bike loan! Worth the extra money for the peace of mind i guess! And the fact that i'm not made of money!

·
Registered
829 Posts
How long after you buy the bike do you have?

How long after you buy the bike do you have to still purchase the warranty?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
NOW I'M PISSED
POOKSTER WHERE WERE YOU LAST WEEK!!!
Thanks for link!

Now ILL HAVE TO CALL HONDA AND PITCH A FIT OVER THE EXTRA 225.00 they charge thats parts money for the fury. I saw something about canceling the policy..

THANKS RJFURY FOR LINK!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
NOW I'M PISSED
POOKSTER WHERE WERE YOU LAST WEEK!!!
Thanks for link!

Now ILL HAVE TO CALL HONDA AND PITCH A FIT OVER THE EXTRA 225.00 they charge thats parts money for the fury. I saw something about canceling the policy..

THANKS RJFURY FOR LINK!!!
You can cancel it, but if you rolled it into the loan it'll just go toward principal payment; no refunds. According to the dealer in my area anyways.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I paid for it on credit 3 payments no interest but 500.00 is alot cheaper than 726.00
I can cancel so cool...

Need to check and make sure there is no loop holes or the like with that online deal!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I paid for it on credit 3 payments no interest but 500.00 is alot cheaper than 726.00
I can cancel so cool...

Need to check and make sure there is no loop holes or the like with that online deal!
Lemme know what ya find out. If that service contract's actually goin' for $500, I'm startin' to feel a little ripped off myself ...:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Oh wow, that's a good deal! $500 for the 4 year exteded warranty :D

I didn't purchase mine at the dealer because I knew they were charging to much for it, and they're not the sole location to purchase the extended warranty.

Thanks for the Link Clueless!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, what does the 4yr extend cover?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts