Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the 4yr warranty extension so the new Fury is covered for 5yrs. total...
I have till July 2014 and this will come in handy if that trans issue gets worse over the next year!

225.00 a year is worth it for my sanity!

Labor rate is 75 per hour at my local Honda so I think this is wise!!

Anyone else do the same???

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They get a 125.00 extra from me so "TAKE SOME PIANO LESSON GUYS AT HONDA!!":mad:

Security always has its price!!:D

P.S.
Only up shot is you can pay for it directly on credit card/ 3 payments with out interest for 260.00 each so I didnt have to role it into deal/ with interest!

· Registered
500 Posts
I think I paid $800 for the 4 year extension on the day I bought the bike; mighta been $700 though, don't remember for sure. My dealer is a smaller operation; they had the first fury in the Dayton area and there wasn't another one expected for at least 4 weeks back when I bought it. (turned out the 2nd one was a little longer than that in coming). They wouldn't budge off msrp for anything.

I coulda held off and shopped around; driven the 25-30 miles to the next nearest dealer, maybe waited a month but it was like, screw it - any big ticket purchase, amortized over the (total) 5 years of additional protection, for a new product which isn't really proven yet, and add in 5 more years I expect to be happily fury-riding, it just wasn't worth it to me to try and wheel-'n-deal better prices.

When I walk into the garage in the morning, even after all the money I paid to buy the bike and all the $$ I'm putting into parts and individualizing the bike and chrome wheels and what-have-you, it still makes me break into a big smile. Which is basically what I was paying for :D

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
NOW I'M PISSED
POOKSTER WHERE WERE YOU LAST WEEK!!!
Thanks for link!

Now ILL HAVE TO CALL HONDA AND PITCH A FIT OVER THE EXTRA 225.00 they charge thats parts money for the fury. I saw something about canceling the policy..

THANKS RJFURY FOR LINK!!!

· Registered
500 Posts
NOW I'M PISSED
POOKSTER WHERE WERE YOU LAST WEEK!!!
Thanks for link!

Now ILL HAVE TO CALL HONDA AND PITCH A FIT OVER THE EXTRA 225.00 they charge thats parts money for the fury. I saw something about canceling the policy..

THANKS RJFURY FOR LINK!!!
You can cancel it, but if you rolled it into the loan it'll just go toward principal payment; no refunds. According to the dealer in my area anyways.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I paid for it on credit 3 payments no interest but 500.00 is alot cheaper than 726.00
I can cancel so cool...

Need to check and make sure there is no loop holes or the like with that online deal!

· Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Oh wow, that's a good deal! $500 for the 4 year exteded warranty :D

I didn't purchase mine at the dealer because I knew they were charging to much for it, and they're not the sole location to purchase the extended warranty.

Thanks for the Link Clueless!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.